Wednesday, April 06, 2011
It's been a bit since I updated so here's what is going on!
1) Actively training for a 12k. Longest run to day: 3.5 miles. next Sunday will be a personal distance record for me at 4 miles. Just chugging along!
2) Still doing new Rules of Lifting for Women - currently in rest week between stages 4 and 5 and am definitely having some mental burnout here. Not sure if it is because I've added the running to the mix or the fact that I've been doing it for nearly 4 months but I am still planning on getting through it and should be wrapping it up mid-June.
3) I'm boycotting the scale for the month of April. (Well, I weighed in on April 1 but that doesn't count.) We'll see what happens. If I stay the same, I guess I'll be content. I am just tired of the scale ruling my life.
4) We are starting a vegetable garden! My dad is helping us build the box this weekend and we'll plant the following. I'm planning on lots of herbs and greens, maybe some zucchini, onions, garlic, potatoes. I have a book about gardening here in the PacNW that I'm starting.
5) I just finished reading "The Book Thief" and it was SOOOO good! Best book I've read in a long time. You should read it. Yes, you.
6) I feel like I've been lacking in the green veggie department. Note taken, and now I need to adjust.
7) Rain, rain, go away! Why can't it be summer yet?! We have big plans for the summer including baseball and lots of hiking and running. Hurry up and get here already!
8) I am ridiculously excited about our first anniversary approaching! (May 30th!) We don't have $ to go all out but it'll be a special weekend and I've got good stuff up my sleeve for Huz!
9) Tummy troubles are almost nonexsistent which is amazing and fantastic. I've even gotten away with "cheating" a couple of times without consequence! Still working on what my main triggers are.
10) I'm mustering up the courage to ask my boss for a fatty raise during our business planning meeting in two weeks. Anyone have any words of wisdom? I think I've got a lot of it worked out already but I'm worried that once I get in to his office I'm going to be a blubbering idiot.