Thursday, March 31, 2011
1. Sparkpeople Points! Don't know WHY, but I am rather addicted to earning those dumb little virtual awards. It keeps me coming back here, where I see and read stuff that helps motivate me every day.
2. Water! I've been drinking at least 32 ounces a day, and usually more. I actually gave up Diet Coke/sodas for Lent, so I've had no choice but to drink water. I feel good about kicking that habit and hope it sticks after Easter. We'll see.
3. Lunchtime workouts. When I first joined I had decided 5:00 a.m. was my only recourse. But, um... 5:00 a.m. is HARD. So instead I've been using my lunch hours to workout. I miss that handy errand-running hour sometimes, but I've managed to get done what I need to do. I guess it's also because I needed a break from lunches out with my co-worker. Too much of a good thing, you know? Lunchtime is MINE now and I enjoy the me-time.
4. Fruits. I could stand to add more veggies to my menus but I'm getting at least 2-3 fruit servings a day.
5. Whole grains. I've been eating whole grain crackers (Triscuits), ww pita bread (YUM), ww pasta, and a whole lot less junk like Cheeze-Its.
6. Sun Salutations! I've been doing them pretty faithfully, every morning at 9:30. It's a nice break from my desk - I go down to the gym in our buildilng, do some gentle breathing, strong planks and down-dogs for 5 minutes, then put my shoes and socks back on. I LOVE this habit.
So that's 6 things that are definitely working! It's good to focus on the positive, right?