Trying to catch up
Saturday, March 26, 2011
There are so many things to do this weekend, and I'm fairly sure I won't get to them all. Things just piled up while I was gone, and then I came home with a swollen knee (from the overnight trip home - too much sitting gets to the knee I've torn out twice).
1. Almost finished - putting everything BACK in my office. I worked on this for 2 hrs this morning, putting furniture back in place, books and art supplies back on shelves, etc. I took the opportunity to cull some books from my collection - some for school, some for the little great-nieces and nephews. Almost finished is a good feeling for this one! (It was similar to unpacking, but everything was just piled on the floor on one side of the room, out of the plumbers' way.)
2. Taxes - all sorted, but I put my expenses into a spreadsheet to make life easier for us as well as our accountant.
3. Mail - I have a pile to go through. I've just been ignoring it.
4. Newspapers - again, a pile to go through. Haven't even started.
5. Put away everything from my trip. This is also mostly finished, but the long-sleeved shirts and sweaters go in the closet in the office, and I couldn't get to it until I moved all the books and art supplies off the floor. Also need to put the luggage into the closet.
6. The big problem is that I have a good novel I'm reading, and I'd really rather just sit on the beach and read than do all the stuff on this list!!!
7. I should also start painting some more kippot (yarmulkes), finish some sewing projects, and give away some more stuff - since we'll be retiring in 15 or so months, I need to start thinking down-sizing.