Monday, March 07, 2011
Yes yes..I do still exist! I know it's been at least 1 month..heck probably closer to two months since I've been active on here. I've been spending alot of time figuring out how to adjust to this new lifestyle. When I first started my new job I was completely overwhelmed, sad to have left my old friends, having that feeling that I had no idea what I was doing...and it caused me to sit on my couch, watch tv, and binge for about 7 days. Things have gotten better since then but I still don't have a routine I'm quite satisfied with. You know me...schedules and routines are kinda my thing. Nonetheless, I decided this weekend it's time to get refocused on weight loss and having that healthy lifestyle I strive for. I'm sick of gaining and losing only to gain more the next week. It's harder for me to stay active on here because I can't access this site at work. So unfortunately, my sparktime for awhile might be all about me as I figure out how to work it back into my schedule....but I will definitely make some weekend time to spread the love!
So what's my game plan to get back on track? Well..it's 51 days until my birthday so I have a goal date. My goal is to be in ONEderland by then. To do this I have 21ish lbs to lose..which means 3 lbs a week..which is totally doable as long as I'm doing it in a healthy way.
I'm going back to the basics. Making a few new "rules" of healthy living to live by.
1.) Drink enough water every day. This never used to be an issue for me but since I started my new job I drink coffee ALL day long. I started to put an end to this last week and things have definitely gotten better.
* Only 2 mugs of coffee daily
* Soda ONCE a week
* Mocha ONCE a week
* You may drink hot chocolate in the afternoon or Sobe lifewater
2.) Track my food every day. I already do this but it's important to put it on my list just as a reminder.
* Start keeping track of veggies again.
* If you eat a late dinner (like tonight at 10:00) no eating carbs...just protein, veggies, fruit, etc.
* Allow yourself to have one dessert a day if you are truly hungry for one.
* Continue to plan your meals and grocery shop ahead of time.
3.) Make my workout schedule every week. Here I have been failing. I shouldn't say failing because I have been working out, I just haven't had as structured of a plan as I would like.
* Do what you love to do, not what you "think" you should do, i.e. running. Since I switched jobs and am home now, I really don't like running. I feel like I have to run though because I'm signed up for races, etc and it's become something where I get stressed out about going to the gym because I don't want to run and eventually talk myself out of it and come home and binge. So instead, for now, I'm going to go to group classes like I love to do.
* 30 day shred every morning except the mornings after Pump & Chris
4.) Make sure you are getting 7+ hours of sleep. To do this on mornings when I am going to do 30 day shred I have to be in bed by 10:45 at the latest, other nights, 11:30...this really shouldn't be a problem.
5.) Surround myself with positive people - i.e. the Warriors and other sparkers. I'm going to log on here daily..somehow. My goal is to blog every day until my birthday just about life in general but also to be accountable for my food and workout for the day. Hold me accountable ok???
Ok...I'm going to print this off tomorrow and keep it with me as a constant reminder.
March 7, 2011
Breakfast: 1 cup skim milk, 7 strawberries, 1/2 banana, 1 scoop protein powder. 2 mugs coffee w/non-dairy creamer
Lunch: Chicken enchilada casserole, greek yogurt, 7 strawberries
Snack: fiber one bar, 1/3 cup oatmeal w/ 1/3 cup skim milk, blueberries
Dinner: Blackberries, chicken stirfry
Workout: 1 hr zumba, 1 hr pump
And I'm back in the game!