Monday, March 07, 2011
So this weight-loss journey began just before Christmas. At the time I thought the only thing that mattered was losing weight. Ha, not so much anymore. My time with SP has taught me that a healthy lifestyle is the main goal, not to be a size 2.
For additional local support, I joined a biggest loser club at work. No offense, but KMA biggest loser! I have lost 15 lbs, most prior to the club. I have only lost 3 lbs since I joined in the beginning of Feb. Those numbers are horrible for a number-counting club. I feel guilty constantly that I'm not living up to the club's weight-loss goals. Finally I realized the biggest loser club has it wrong. I'm a slowest loser and PROUD!
Thanks to SP I have realized I have so many accomplishments that do not involve the scale. Things I accomplished in Feb. despite "only" losing 3 lbs:
1) No more TV marathons, I get outside now!
2) Lost one inch from my: waist, hips, arms
3) Fit into one size smaller than before, almost 2 sizes smaller!!!
4) Can now workout for over a hour without being winded or sore
5) Have WAY more energy
6) Am trying new activities, machines, and exercises, variety is the spice of life
7) Can sleep like a baby now
8) I know portion sizes, generally, without measuring every thing
9) Can determine healthy foods from unhealthy foods
AND (last but not least)
10) LOST 3 LBS! That's nothing to be ashamed of!
So sorry again, biggest loser, but FORGET YOU!
And a big thank-you to Andeenate for helping me to realize this!