10 Reasons to Keep On Keepin' On
Friday, March 04, 2011
Some days I get very discouraged, but I know I've got to do this. To keep me motivated to keep at it, I've listed 10 reasons I need/want to keep trucking down the road of healthy living and weight loss.
1. That little, blue dress that I love so very much. I barely ever wore it, and now I can't fit into it. I MUST WEAR IT AGAIN.
2. My kids. I desperately desire to play with my kids without tiring so quickly.
3. Gotta keep that blood pressure down.
4. I love the way I feel when I'm losing weight and exercising regularly.
5. For my knees. Sometimes my knees hurt when I'm climbing steps or exercising. I really believe getting some weight off will help them.
6. I want my wonderful husband to be able to go out with a lady that at least resembles the girl he married. Of course, I'd like that lady to be ME!
7. Class & Family Reunions. Need I say more?
8. ENERGY!!!! Gotta have more!
9. I'm so tired of sliding down aisles in the grocery store where I don't need things, just to avoid someone I used to know before the weight gain. The embarrassment feels like too much to handle. Pathetic.
10. A long life. I want to live a long, productive life, which means I need to be healthy. I know what it is like to lose a parent at a young age, and it can be damaging. God has blessed me with a wonderful family and some great friends. I need to be here as long as I can for them.