Tuesday, March 01, 2011
A Glorious Morning To All SP Members! Let's remember to share these prayers and messages with love ones and friends and invite them to join the team. PRAISE GOD!
PRAYER: "Holy Father, Gracious God! Help us to understand the power of ONE in Christ Jesus. Help us to be a person who has a heart for You and Your Way. Help us to be the one who is in the right place at the right time to reach out to those in need. Enable us as we pray and fast to have a powerful impact on the world around us. Strengthen us so that we may stand for what is right and good, as we follow the examples of our Lord and Master. Make our prayers powerful enough to save the lives of those for whom we pray. This we ask and pray in Jesus' Mighty name, Amen!"
MESSAGE; The Challenge To Belive In Jsus! (Mark 5:1-20).
1. I find it most interesting how this story ends.
a. The once tormented man, now dressed and in his right mind, asked to go with Jesus when Jesus was asked to leave by the people of that region.
1. Vs 19 - Jesus told him to stay, "go home to your friends, and tell them how great things the Lord has done for him".
2. Many of us would have probably said, "Sure! Come on! We are not wanted here."
3. The truth is, he was needed there.
4. Jesus gave him a commision even as He has given us the Great Commision today ( Matt 28:19-20).
b. Let me suggest that the man had started now the journey in life with Jesus by FAITH in OBEDIENCE to the word and the work he was given.
1. Vs 20 - The man departed (obeyed) and began to proclaim throughout the many settlements of that region (Decapolis) the great things Jesus had done for him.
2. Faith without works (Obedience) is DEAD. But faith with works (OBEDIENCE) is the key to life.
2. What do you think about this? If Jesus can do what man cannot do, than He must be the Christ, the Son of the Living God, and that's Good News for you and me.
a. Do you know my Jesus?
b. Is yourfaith "DEAD" or "ALIVE"?
3. We will begin another story tomorrow!
May God open our hearts and eyes to the clear message of Christ, and bless us.
In His Loving Service, Vic.