I really wanted to be excited about my results, but honestly, they're not that exciting... Still, I have a lot to be proud of!
I only lost 1 lb this week, which is better than nothing, but still not what I had hoped for. I made a promise not to weigh myself all week until today but I broke on Friday (and then Saturday and Sunday). BUT I was able to not weigh myself until Friday. That's progress right? And it was tough. I know it sounds silly, but it was hard to refrain from weighing myself every morning! I actually don't know what works better for me... In some ways weighing myself every day keeps me in check. But maybe I'm just driving myself crazy being so obsessed with the scale, it is just a number, right?
The measuring tape wasn't so kind to me either.... I'm not even sure I lost any inches. Maybe 0.5 of an inch from my waist and 0.5 of an inch from my thigh, but it wasn't really significant.
I do feel that I had some non-scale, non-measuring tape victories this week!
1. I finished 10 days of the Shred! It got a lot easier the last couple of days and I was really enjoying myself. And today I started level 2 and it's a killer!! I will be sore tomorrow!
2. I started running again! Since my half marathon I haven't really been running since I had some foot pain. But last week I started running again and I'm really happy that I still have the stamina to run! I've been running 5k's three times a week (along with the Shred) and I am slowly working on improving my speed.
3. My clothes fit better! I am now able to comfortably wear pants that I didn't really fit into a couple of weeks ago. I'm not sure there was a big difference since last week, but maybe...
4. I feel like I look a lot more toned. And I took some more pictures this week. Although I'm still not sure I want to post them (maybe, just to get some encouragement from you all
) but both my boyfriend and I think that there is definitely a difference around my tummy!
5. I survived another week of a tempting pastry class with only a few tastings and without going above my calorie/carbs/fat/protein range! And I had a treat day (fast food and a movie) that was totally accounted for and was not out of range either!
So overall, it was a good week and I am proud of myself! The number on the scale is just a number and I will keep doing what I'm doing, hoping that the number will catch up!
Thanks for reading! Have a great week!