Sunday, February 27, 2011
I completed the C25k program this past fall for the first time and ran my first 5k in October. I had never run before, ever. Around Christmas time this year, I got tonsillitis and then a stomach virus...and I stopped running. Today, with warmer weather and a sunny sky, I slipped on my running shoes and joined the SparkTeam 5k Your Way. It wasn't easy. My muscles forgot how to work. My lung capacity isn't what it used to be. But I ran! After my run, I remember why I like running so much, and I thought I'd share it with you all.
10. Alone time with just my iPod. My favorite songs. :)
9. The wind on my face and the crunch of gravel under my feet.
8. Being able to say to coworkers, "I ran this morning/afternoon" and seeing their puzzled expressions...knowing they think I am crazy for running, but also knowing they are a little bit jealous.
7. Watching my kids wave to me from the window and pushing a little bit harder.
6. Knowing that I'm doing something that's good for my body.
5. The natural high I get from running that gives me more energy than Red Bull.
4. Cute running clothes.
3. My competitive edge...I try to improve my time or distance with each run.
2. The way my face gets pink and glows after I run. It makes me feel healthy and alive.
1. The smoothie I make to reward myself after I run. I only reward myself with smoothies for running, so it's a special treat. I LOVE MY SMOOTHIE!!!
What motivates you to run? Do you reward yourself with a special treat?