Sunday, February 27, 2011
Went for a walk this morning, it was just what I needed. Still cold here but I can see signs of spring everywhere. Crocuses and other green things appearing in between the snow piles.
I've been thinking about what was successful in the past and I am focusing on those things.
1. Weigh myself every morning. It works for me. It's a guideline and keeps me mindful. I do not freak out by small fluctuations. Today's weight is 210 which is the highest I've been in over a year. Not freaking out (too much) but recognizing that I need to get going.
2. Having a simple food plan that I can follow easily. I've decided to go with a modified green faces, which just means I will allow myself to eat as much lean protein and vegetables as I want. The modification is that there is no vegetable off limits (doesn't have to be green). I am also allowing myself to keep coffee and small amounts of dark chocolate. I am going to avoid fruit, dairy and nuts for the first two weeks to make it a complete elimination diet since I think I am having intolerance to something, I will add them back one at a time and see what bothers me. I think it's the dairy.
3. My dog Max has gained a lot of weight so a 30 minute walk every morning for him is a start to my exercise routine.
4. Get back on my routine for running. I need to meet my running goals! The weekday runs I was fitting in without a problem because they worked so well with my daughters dance class. The challenge is my long run on the weekend. I am just not making myself go to the gym on the weekend. The signs of spring mean running outside is a definite option and I really enjoy it much more than treadmill running.
5. Tracking it all. I must get back in the habit of tracking it all. This has always been key to my success.
My sister was here yesterday and she was talking about her racing goals. Which just reminds me of the goals I want to reach for myself. This must be my year and spring is the perfect time to get it all going.