Sunday, February 20, 2011
First, this is not going to be a witty post, but a milestone one.
It is official, I have lost over 20 kilos since May 1st. I am a slow loser, and I have been letting down between October and January, but still I have lost them. I now want to go down to 67 kilos, which I hope to reach till July, so that would be 14 kilos in 4 months, hard but doable, but if I only manage it till September, well that is ok too. I am 11 kilos away from a Power Plate ;-)), and boy do I want that thing now....!!!
I have exercised almost every day since May 1st. This habit is acquired and I feel strange and not well on the days I can't do it. Right now I am tracking my food too, which for me always means I am eating well, balanced and whithin my range.
Those are the things that I have learned and that work for me :
* tracking food means eating well
* carbs in the evening need to be complex carbs if at all, and in small quantity
* white bread is not good for me, it really is as simple as that
* those are my magic foods: lentils, quinoa, humus, fromage blanc (a sort of cottage cheese, but with a much smoother consistence, creamier), oranges, strawberries, eggs, tomatoes
* since Christmas I stopped eating any meat apart from chicken or turkey. I do not miss anything, on the contrary, I feel much better. First I did not feel like eating meat at Christmas this year, after Xmas I still did not feel like it, and so on. Friends and family keep asking me if I am a vegeterian now, but obviously I am not, I still really enjoy my chicken, but I don't think I will ever eat pork, beef or whatever else again. The smell of it on the rare occasions I cook it for my family just makes me sick.
* tomato is a fruit, and I love to use it as such. Tomatoes + strawberries + balsamic vinegar. Try it !
* mangoes and kakis are great, but I have to be careful with the qty, I tend to eat too much of them and they are still packed with sugar
* I bake fantastic brownies (not me saying it btw), and it is ok for me to have one piece a day instead of not having any and torturing myself
* If I feel hungry, half of the time I am not. It is thirst. My mind has problem differenciating those two signals. A glass of water often solves the problem. If not, well then yes, I am really hungry then.
* exercising is essential, but it does not make me lose weight. Food control does.
* and still.... Exercising is essential for me to feel good. I love feeling my tighs muscles (under the fat still) taking over, day by day, I love being able to run up the stairs up and down with the groceries, I love the sweat, the heartbeat, the endorphine !!!
Round three begins today :-)