B2W Friday - Sunday Missions!
This Weekend, MAKE ME _BEGIN_.
1. If you have not taken your before picture (if you are brave enough to take one) or you measured yourself or any of the other things you know you should do because you said you would... DO THEM.
Before pics -- have some stored, but will get some new sparkly ones
Plan: yoga pants and tank top in the sunshine outside
2. This is about getting outside of your compfort zone and sometimes that means knowing a little more about yourself instead of choosing not to know. Knowledge is power, if you don't believe me... ask PBS.
Go HERE: www.sparkpeople.com/myspark/nu
trition_edit.asp and add some nutrients to track daily. If you aren't getting enough of what you NEED in order to lose weight, then how can you lose weight? if you aren't getting what you NEED to go faster or get stronger, then how can you go faster or get stronger. It's math people! Let's be smart, not ignorant!
Tell us what new thing(s) you are tracking in your food tracker!
Tracking is extremely difficult for me with SP tools. I cook from scratch and entering recipes is an extreme chore that guesstimates way too much. I also don't eat the same stuff over and over. I use the tracker to spot check that I am eating enough, since generally I eat too little rather than too much on a regular basis.
New: I found out how to turn on the Quick track on the new start page so that I can make sure that I am getting in at least my 5 veggies and fruits and my 8+ glasses of water.
3. MISSION ***Total Body***
This weekend- your MISSION is to:
1. count how long you can hold a plank (elbow or hand). You want to find out your MAX! This is your limit- the one you cannot break through. Find out! I double dog dare you!
3 minute step test: ?
Resting Heart Rate: ?
2. find a new ABBREVIATED TOTAL BODY WORKOUT. If you have one that is working for you- CHANGE IT UP OR DO IT IN REVERSE OR JUST ADD TO IT. If you don't have one- you can put together several of the sparkpeople workouts depending on what equipment you have. OR you can grab one out of a magazine, get recommendations from a friend, try a DVD you haven't started yet- but do an abbreviated total body workout THIS WEEKEND..... AND..... prove that you did it. Whether its a cameraphone pic of yourself or a professional photoshoot of your heart monitor, I don't care. Hell you can get a note from your trainer saying it was done for all I care. if you have no access to a camera - then write what you did and tell us about the experience.
New Tai Chi Video
Tai Chi for Beginners by Dr. Paul Lam
Worked with the Warm-up and basic exercises for 45 minutes
Rough to keep the knees flexed so much, will have to find a happy medium. Definitely this a strength AND cardio workout, the way it raises heat and heart rate.
This is also a much better teaching video than the one I was using in January. I recommend it so far.
DUE MONDAY MORNING.
4. have a multi-faceted plan. Pick the **ONE** that you usually AVOID and follow the corresponding instructions. We need to get uncomfortable in order to make a difference.
PLANNING: I have been avoiding all these with having been so sick lately. Lazy getting in the head kind of head sick too. Since stamina is a big issue, I want to make sure I don't do heavy stuff each day, so my plan is the Tai Chi Friday and Sunday as cardio/strength and flexibility Saturday as an active rest. I need to customize this to fit my recovery state.
A) Cardio (do at least 60 minutes of dedicated cardio between Friday morning and Sunday night when you go to bed.)
Friday: 45 minutes total: 30 minutes I will call aerobic
B) Strength Training/Toning/Sculpting (pick up the free weights. You don't look stupid. Time to swallow your pride and use them. No more procrastinating- play around with them and at least TRY a workout. Cmon. be BRAVE!)
C) Weight Training (heavy weights) - (If you have access to a gym or weights- spend a little time grunting this weekend- it will MAKE YOU stronger/sexier/epic/whatever- just give it a go)
D) Flexibility Training (stretching) (Spend 60 minutes over the entire weekend, dedicated to trying new stretches and getting the most out of it. Too many people think that flexibility is a workout that has nothing to do with them- WRONG)
E) Agility Training (Put some obstacles around your backyard or sidewalk/driveway/street/field
/roof and time yourself, seeing how fast you can jump side to side and maneuver around everything. You have no idea how much more awake your brain and body will be for the rest of the day)
F) Speed Training (Search Sparkpeople for articles on speedtraining and play around with the ideas that you find!)
5. Motivation Maintenance (fun stuff)
choose **ONE** of the following:
REDO YOUR SPARKPAGE- FRESHEN IT UP- COMPLETELY REDESIGN IT. IN WITH THE NEW!
SUBSCRIBE TO A NEW FITNESS MAGAZINE ($10)
ORDER A PAID OF LIGHT FREE WEIGHTS IF YOU HAVE NONE! ($6)
CREATE A NEW (OR A FIRST) VISION COLLAGE. GRAB SCISSORS AND GLUESTICK AND THING **BIGG**
LEAVE NOTES FOR YOURSELF AROUND THE HOUSE WITH ENCOURAGEMENT.
NAIL A GOAL OUTFIT TO THE WALL
SIGN UP FOR A RACE
WRITE A LETTER TO YOURSELF DESCRIBING HOW FAR YOU HAVE ALREADY COME
GET A NEW CALENDAR TO HANG IN YOUR HOME AND GET LOTS OF STICKERS SO EACH DAY YOU CAN REWARD YOUR EFFORTS
I never said this would be easy, I only said it would be worth it.
Still feeling brave? Yes? Report in by Monday morning.