Wednesday, February 09, 2011
Well, I finally made it into the ortho doctor. After waiting for 45 minutes in the waiting room, then talking to the nurse and the P.A. who did the initial assessment, the doctor came in an hour later and looks at my knee. Basically I have fluid on the knee, which is caused by some irritation in the knee. He thinks there is a tear in the cartilage which he could go in and clean up. I did not have to do anything immediately, but he said I will more than likely be back in with it. It will be a matter of time.
He did not put any pressure on me to do something right away. I am just thinking to myself. I could just not do anything and hope it gets better or the other choice is to have it scoped attached to a vacation so I don't miss any work. I am toying with doing it in a month. I don't want to ignore it and be in the middle of the summer and have to have it done. That would be a total bummer. I want to be out riding my bike, swimming with my kids and maybe training with my neighbor to do some other 5k's. If I am hobbling around or in alot of pain I won't be.
I've got the information now it is to make the final decision.