Whatever sunlight remains...
Sunday, February 06, 2011
"Birds sing after a storm; why shouldn't people feel as free to delight in whatever sunlight remains to them?"
— Rose Kennedy
Well, I am delighting in the "remains." I have had a tough year, so far. I have set goals, had some minor achievements, and been derailed of my resolve!!! Yet, I delight in my Lord who said He will never leave me or forsake me. He is the only true sunlight and delight wich remains...so...
I am beginning another Daniel Fast tomorrow. (hey, all you Daniel Fast folks--there is another book I have read in preparation for this one--The Ultimate Guide to the Daniel Fast--by Kristen Feola) It is for many reasons I Fast but here are the BIG ones:
1. seek God's daily presence and His will for my life;
2. read God's Word daily and seek wisdom and understanding from the Lord;
3. have God's ultimate blessings pour into my life and through my life onto others;
4. affirmation of decision to have surgery in March;
5. healthy eating and lifestyle.
I have all planned for this week--food and exercise...and, I am reading Isaiah 58 in preparation. For, my desire is this Fast to be TRUE worship and nothing of my own doing...but, an act of worship to honor my Father!!
I am excited; I am anxious; I am willing; I am delighted; I am overjoyed; I am ready to have a wonderful encounter with the Great I AM!!!!!
Peace and blessings, All!!