Roasted Butternut Squash Salad.....YUM!
Thursday, February 03, 2011
Roasted Butternut Squash With Spinach Recipe
posted by Sean Kelley on January 19, 2011 2:09 PM
Brighten up your winter with the combination of colors and tastes in this seasonal dish. The vibrant orange and yellow color of butternut squash and its sweet, nutty taste are a perfect complement to spinach. Plus, butternut squash is a great source of vitamin A and C.
1 Butternut squash (about 4 cups)
1 tbsp olive oil
1/4 tsp sea salt
1 tsp rosemary
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 Cup red onion thinly sliced
2 Cups spinach
1 Tbsp. balsamic vinaigrette
1/2 cup pecans
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Peal and cut butternut squash into 1/2-inch cubes. In a large bowl toss with olive oil, sea salt and rosemary.
3. Transfer to a roasting pan and cook for about 30 minutes or until softened.
4. Sauté red onions in olive oil over medium heat. When soft, add spinach and balsamic vinaigrette and cook until spinach is wilted.
5. Top spinach with butternut squash and pecans.
188 calories, 17g fat (2g saturated, 10g monounsaturated, 4g polyunsaturated), 0g cholesterol, 51mg calcium, 199mg sodium, 10g carbohydrates, 3g fiber, 2g protein, 3g fiber, 1g iron
THIS IS THE BEST WARM WILTED SALAD I EVER ATE!