Wednesday, February 02, 2011
First, let me correct my entry from yesterday - It turns out Cardio Abs was not on the calendar for today (aw, shucky-darn!). It is in fact on tomorrow's docket. So today was Cardio Power & Resistance. However, I did switch it up today by doing the entire workout NAKED...from the ankles down, that is. Guess what? No foot cramps. Nada. YAY!!!!!!
I also got super-brave with a likewise-naked midriff. Shaun T is always telling me to "engage my core"...so I thought, maybe I'll be more conscious of doing so if my core is exposed...and I was right. Plus, seeing my bare midsection in my workout mirror is a good reminder of not only how far I've come, but also, how much work still remains to be done.
As you all know by now, I am a huge proponent of positive self-talk. What we focus on is what grows in our lives. I believe it, and for the most part, I live it. But I am not perfect. And life is not perfect. I suffered a financial and professional setback this morning, and had to cancel my Minneapolis trip. It sucked. Boo-Hoo. There are a lot worse things that could happen. And now that my workout is done - my body strengthened and my mind cleansed - I am clear enough to look for, find, focus on, and be grateful for the positive angles on the whole thing:
1) I have learned from this experience - some new things as well as solidifying in my mind some things I've been ignoring far too long. I come out of this with a strengthened resolve to get my financial house in order and the positive effects of this will be far-reaching into all areas of my life.
2) I am not giving up - Now may not be the time, but who knows? Staying here may well open a door to an even better opportunity. I am learning to trust that things will happen as they are supposed to happen.
3) If it hadn't been for scheduling this trip, I never would have sought to promote it, and I never would have scored an interview on the "Sex Is Fun" podcast, which has a huge audience and will help my business regardless of whether or not I EVER do a boudoir event in Minneapolis.
4) I am learning the values of patience and preparedness.
5) I was previously stressing over how I was going to keep my INSANITY going with a week-long trip to Minnesota, but now I am free and clear to keep going without interruption! This is important because my #1 PUSH goal for 2011 is to get down to a permanent size 2. Nothing will stand in my way!!
That's it for today, my Speeps! I love and am grateful for all of you!
12 INSANE days down, 48 to go! Tomorrow we ATTACK the abs!