Wow, today was a day where nothing seemed to go right. My previous blog about the furnace happened ($500 plus being cold for 5 hours while he fixed it). Then, the playdate with Kaylee canceled because of how cold it is outside (which I understood). Then, my gas light came on (DH said he would put gas in after work today). Then, my mom was late picking up Kaylee. Then, she was late dropping her off (there was a developmental meeting with Kaylee, a lady, and me).
And then the punch line: The furnace is not fixed, folks. We have now chucked in a total of $750 this month for this #($%# furnace and it was installed new in 2005. Not kidding. I have had it with this thing, and seriously, why can't they figure this out?????? And of course it is super frigid now. It wouldn't be SUCH a huge issue if it didn't stop working during the night, which it will, and then we'll wake up freezing. Nice. Apparently, something is causing it to reach the overheating temp limit and it shuts down. *sigh*
But, though I did fleetingly crave a nice pizza with extra mushrooms, I stuck with my chicken stirfry tonight. Maybe a bit much on the sodium end, but otherwise a great meal and I had a great eating day. Sure, my good choices may have had to do with the fact that I weigh in tomorrow, but I would like to think that I would have made the same choices on Friday (my serially bad day for eating that I need to work on now).
So, here's my day for goals:
1. Nutrition: Breakfast like a king, lunch like a joker?, and dinner like a pauper, or however that saying goes. Protein, veggies, and fruit.
It went more like Breakfast king, lunch pauper, and dinner prince, but that's okay. I am happy with my eating overall!!
2. Water: 140+.
3. Fitness: I am already on week 3 of marathon training!!! WOOHOO! This is crosstraining day, so it will be spinning for 55 minutes with ST and abs. Will walk dog.
I did the spinning, ST, and killer ab workout (Julie is brutal with side planks and all), but no walk again for Jenny. This cold snap is supposed to end after tomorrow, so back to walking we shall be!
4. Bed by 9:00 p.m.
-ish. I will be in bed by 9:30. I am sleeping in tomorrow!
5. Busy, busy, busy. Work 8-5 (be productive), meeting with daughter at home at 6 p.m., play date at 6:30. Will keep busy!!!!!
except the play date canceled. Kept busy anyway since the meeting ran late and had to go to the grocery store to buy some yum yums! (grapes, apples, bananas, eggs, etc.).
Goals For Tuesday:
1. Nutrition: My weird day of the week where I have a banana pre-workout, then have water until noon, then nothing until after my weigh-in at 5 p.m. and then I eat a good meal after that. This time, though, I do plan on eating a whole-grain pasta meal with veggies as a way to have a more balanced meal overall. (i.e. no crap food).
2. Water: 80 ounces.
3. Fitness: 3-5 miles on the TM and 45-60 minutes on the elliptical. Core workout.
4. Sleep: In bed by 9:00 p.m. Maybe a nap in the early afternoon.
5. Weigh-in: Given how my bad day on Friday went, I will be happy to weigh in under 162, but hoping for 160.
6. BUSY BUSY BUSY: I will clean the house if bored. Need to bring documents to the bank. Need to call the stinking furnace guy AGAIN.
32 days until Cancun
10 days until my first official race of 2011 (Frozen Feat 10K on February 12)
48 days until the first day of spring (March 20, 2011)
46 days until I meet Becky, Paula, and a bunch of other SP friends for the Get Lucky 7K and her birthday weekend!!