That's Kartmen, he's playing HIDE and SEEK with me, right now he's peaking to see if I am paying attention. Now why Would that have anything to do with the title of my blog? LOL
I couldnt' find another pic that was not copy rite proteced on google... so KARTMEN it is.
I have several goals I want to meet this year. In order to do that I am creating or participating in several challenges to meet those goals. Challenges are a good way to help keep you on target, and keep you honest, but ONLY if you actually participate.
Here's my challenges so far:
1. 15 minutes of ME time - I can't tell you how many times I read in posts that people are over worked, over taxed with doing for others and although that's comendable, its also very selfish that they do this at their own expense, and all that, its also not healthy for them. While they are busy tending to this and that, they are neglecting the ONE person they should be putting NUMBER ONE -themselves. SO in an effort to ensure I come first - 15 minutes a day of ME time, devoted completely to me.
2. Exercise at least 30 minutes a day. I have a streak for this and I've reset it so it will show on my spark page because you just never know who will be PEAKING at me an my goals.
3. Track my foods - OK this one might get away from me because to be honest, I find tracking foods that I pretty well eat the same day in and day out to be a bit of a nuisence and a waste of my time, I already weight, measure follow portion control, and pretty well stay in caloric range. The problem is every time I change my fitness minutes and goals, my caloric range that spark thinks I should have changes too, so while I have no consistendy with the fitness minutes, ie if I am sick, I change it to 15 min a day or what have you, then my caloric numbers change and I loose what I had preset. SO I dislike using the tracker. It is the best online tracker there is, it could be better.
4. speaking of food, I've been enjoying too many of starbuck's buttermilk blue berry muffins lately so back to making my own and keeping the caloric count for that down.
5. This goal pertains to the Vancouver Sun Run ( I'll be walking with my poles) to get me in shape for the 10 k - the recommendation is 30 minutes of walking a day, and increasing at a steady pace weekly. I'll be doing that as well as riding the recombend, and time at the gym to get my muscles in shape for that.
Building strong muscle is important to me, strong healthy muscle burns calories, fat does nothing but make me sick. BUT in order to have strong healthy muscles, I need to eat the foods necessary to build those muscles. I'll be reviewing what I am eating as well.
It won't be easy, some will be easier to do then other's but I'll pull my biggie gurl pants up and just getter done !!
Thanks for peaking in on me an Kartment. Wishing you all a spark smart evening.