Nurse Gibson Coming Around Again!
Thursday, January 27, 2011
My name is Nurse Gibson, (or Renee) and I am happy to be starting SparkPeople again. I am a 45 year old mother of a teenage girl, wife, performing songwriter and RN.
I started SparkPeople a couple years ago and lost about 40 pounds. I was quite happy with the tools and support on this free site. During Nursing school, I fell into my bad habits and gained the weight back and a few more.
I am proud of my success in my Nursing career, I passed my Boards and am now a Psychiatric Nurse, as of July 2010. I work second shift and realize that this is an opportunity to get into better habits. My daughter is also interested in a healthier lifestyle, so we are a Mother Daughter Spark team.
I find the hardest thing for me is late at night, after a stressful evening at work, I wind down and tend to eat late. When I come home, I have been jumping onto Spark to input my food intake and it seems to motivate me and keep me away from snacking. I also have been making sure that I snack before I leave work, otherwise 6 - 7 hours have passed since I ate dinner. So I am naturally hungry.
The key for me to losing weight is PLANNING. Other habits I am aware of that don't work:
- eating in front of the TV
- lack of fiber
- lack of water
- sweet tooth
- half and half in my coffee
- motivation to move and have an exercise program - which is probably the biggest factor and is also tied into planning. Sparkpeople has helped me here in the past.
Positives for me
- I do not drink sweet carbonated beverages
- I have a good knowledge of nutrition
- I am in good health - knees and all
- I am making more money to afford better foods
- family support
- success in the past
- I am athletic
OK - thanks for your support!