Well, as the my Spark Anniversary is coming up, I wanted to reflect on where I am and how far I've come in 1 year. There are so many differences, it makes me so happy to have my life back under my control! Thought I'd start off with some pictures first.
I call these my fat pictures! I'm going to start carrying them around with me. To remind me why I don't need that delicious smelling cheeseburger or stack of onion rings. And, people often ask me how much weight I've lost. The picture in the black dress is the eve of my wedding - June 26, 2009. The bathing suit picture was taken on our Honeymoon the week after.
This pic was taken around March 2010
This picture was taken in June 2010, after I cut my hair real short.
And this pic was in September 2010.
I don't really have any full body shots yet, just this one:
I also wanted to give a re-cap of all the changes I've been able to make in the past year and the things I can now do that I've lost 5o pounds!
- I can ride my bike 23 miles at 16/mph (working on 30 miles!)
- I can cross my legs AND my arms!
- I fit into work clothes that I wore 3 years ago.
- I now eat shrimp, tilapia, orange roughy and lobster as part of my regular diet (I never used to eat fish, I'm still slowly working up the fish list)
- I can bend over and touch the floor with no problem!
- I think I've kicked the diet pop habit for good!
- I eat at least 5 servings of fruits and veggies a day. Some days are better then others
- I've been able to hit all my fiber and protein needs every day
- I walked 10 miles in 2 hours and 16 minutes
- I've started wearing an insulin pump and lowered my A1C to 5.4%
- I've also raised my good cholesterol and lowered the bad
- I'm able to make the healthy food choices at least 80% of the time
- I currently hold an 8 day streak of not eating out!
- I've got my headaches under control
- I've gone from a size 18 to a 12 - And still going of course
- I work out consistently
- I now drink red wine!
Things I'm still working on, and want to do this year:
- Work out 5-6 days/week
- Strength train consistently
- Do more Yoga
- Eat fish 3-4 times/week
- Eat more veggies
- Eat out less often
- No Pop
And finally, reach my goal of 150 pounds/size 8 by June 17th (or at least by my birthday - Aug. 16th)
I've also come to realize, more so then ever, and on my own, that things happen and sometimes we need a break, and that's ok. If I mess up, it's ok, I just need to count it and move on. Consistency does matter. And you HAVE to be willing to make the lifestyle choices necessary to live a healthy life. It's hard, and you have to just keep working at it. It's not a quick process, but a very (very, very) slow process, and that's ok.
I have felt so much better in 2010 then I have in like 4 years! I don't have heart burn or intestinal issues anymore. And most nights I sleep like a rock! I'm not tired or sluggish, but instead feel so light and energized. I never want to feel like I used to ever again. I sometimes can't even believe how much better I feel, and that I ever let myself get to that point. But because of Spark People, I have learned so much! I never thought I'd ever be a calorie counter (or carb counter) but now can't imagine any other way. I love reading other people's success stories. And logging on when I need some support or inspiration stories to get me moving again. I know I can do this, I know this will be the year I reach my goal and feel like myself again!
Thanks for listening everyone! I wish you all good luck on your journey!