Monday, January 17, 2011
YAY!!! i'm sooo happy!!! i get to BLOG!!!! - Today's 1 day challenge Sparkteam is to BLOG!! :) (being new to Sparkpeople.. at 1st i was blogging every day - essentially because i really like it), but as the days passed and i kept reading and reading on the site, i discovered the journal.. and was seeing the best blog awards, and they were so WOW that i thought perhaps we can just blog when we have something meaningful and insightful to say - so i haven't blogged since!
Seeing the 1day challenge, gave me permission!!! And by reading the description, i think we're allowed to blog, anytime, about anything.. so i'll come back to my 1st days habits :) (mainly because i can never remember where the Journal is and spend some much time looking for it....
ok... 1st wk or so: conclusions??
i was sooooooooooo hungry this wk!!!!! always overboard on my range (EXCEPT the day it was a challenge on the 1day challenge (i take those really seriously :) - and today. But other days, a. i NEVER thought i ate so many calories... and b. i thought i'll NEVER be able to be in range.. and be able to function...
but... today.. perhaps EUREKA: my periods started - YAY!!!!!! (not as in not pregnant, and in I SHOULD STOP CRAVING CHOCOLATE and being ravenous for anything under the sun - PMS is a true nightmare for me - i'll try to better prepare next month (Spark style)
- started! :) (most essential i'd say - i find i've changed - more focused, more goal oriented, more active (as opposite to say, postponing)
- ordered the Spark book, and 2 Spark dvd's (the book... actually before the paperback offer was out, but totally ok, i plan on buying that magazine- it seems amazing!! filled with tips, and i can NEVER have too many of those!!
- learned that cardio rhymes with perspiration (duh, i know, but hadn't realized, or forgotten - read that from Coach Nicole - maybe on the Stress Busting Challenge - a revelation to me. And i'm always so TIRED, and could not understand how people could say that exercise gave them ENERGY - those people must give themselves during work-outs, i was 'preserving' myself, because i had so little energy to start with, i didn't want to lose the little i had
Coincidence, or effect of all the vitamins i've been taking for 2 wks: the DAY i gave it all i had for 30 minutes (yep, yet another 1-day challenge :) ) that very SAME DAY, i felt more energetic: WOW!!!!!
- also realized i eat way a lot of calories, way overboard on carbs, and didn't know there are carbs like in everything?? - not just in bread.... And on the subjects of calories, MEASURING instead of eying, eye opener: my eyes double what a measuring cup measures.. hmmm...
- lastly, having learned about my calorie intake, doing the reports also every day - i learned. I must say that having a slow internet connection, entering everything has been VERY time consuming, and i was cutting on things i maybe should not have cut (like strength training and my little yoga routine, hello, not good - but my plans for the week to come... :)
WEEK TO COME...
- i'd like, if possible, fill goals + on my SparkPage - this wk or nxt
- recup my usual routine (for strength training and little yoga routine) - because i love both, and they make me feel good
- that being said, something's gotta give: i decided a. not to OBCESS with food intake (i was hungry on saturday and binged on sunday, so, for now, hunger to cut calories does not work for me - for now); INSTEAD, i'll activate the meal plan, look at the mealplan each morning, as a guideline, to LEARN how to eat. I'll gage myself, but will not enter everything, for now
-i'd like to tackle SOME clutter each day - some, not all, some.
- i'll try to go outside (as in walk) 5 times
I'll see how all that will go
oh yes, and i'll blog at will :) (EVEN if i don't have anything profound to say :)
UPDATE DAY 1 OF WK TO COME
- tackled SOME clutter (AND didn't beat myself up because i didn't do it ALL)
- made impressive food decisions (what i initially wanted, and what i ended up choosing)
- DID my strength training and little yoga routine: YAY!!
- i went OVER the 8 glasses water!!!!!! (which is reallly a WOW for me- i think i was able to meet the 8 glasses ONCE last week...
- i took my vitamins :)
- i went outside.. walked instead of taking the subway, to go and come back - a total of 60 min!! And, special perk, my boyfriend came with me :) - the BEST perk
- oh... and i was just tooooo curious: i entered my food intake, i HAD to know: I WAS IN RANGE!!!! for E-VE-RY-THING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - no under or overboard: YAY!!! -and even had chocolate milk this morning, a breaded fish stick at lunch, and ENJOYED everything: no guilt, no down on myself - but the little decisions i made throughout the day made it happen
So it COULD really be the little steps
a change of lifestyle
ok.. this was long (because it's been a week :)
A *****GREAT***** WK TO E-VE-RY-ONE!!!!!