Saturday, January 15, 2011
A friend wrote about her motivations in wanting weight loss. I think honesty in this allows better focus. It's OKAY to say that I want to look attractive. So here are my most recent motivations for a healthier lifestyle:
1. I want to run a marathon this year. The feeling during running my half last year was just utter fear that I wouldn't come in under the time limit. Less weight will speed me up and make that easier.
2. I want to get in my cute, one-size-down professional wardrobe. I don't want to go buy more.
3. When I am 20 lbs lighter, my boobs look bigger, and my backside looks better. Last time I was that weight, I LIKED how my body looked, and LOVED my curves.
4. I have more energy when I exercise and eat well. This is independent of weight loss.
5. Preparation for a healthy pregnancy, some time in the future. No, I'm not pregnant now. When I am, I want to start healthy, and keep it up during and afterwards.