Thursday, January 13, 2011
This morning was AWESOME!!! My new reward schedule was just what I needed to re-frame my journey, to make it more manageable. My motto is ONLY 12 POUNDS! I was determined to start with working out in the morning cause that's the only way that I get consistency. I wore my running shorts and comfy sports bra to bed and laid my shirt on my night stand. I set my alarm on my phone for 7:15 am and slept on the outside of the bed so I wouldn't have to climb over the bf to get out of it. NO EXCUSES! When my alarm went off this morning, it said "ONLY 12 POUNDs" on the front just as I wanted. That gave me the kick in the butt needed to get my behind to the gym. And, I went in saying I would do just 5 miles, but I was jammin so good I went on for 7 miles. And I feel alive! I love that tight ab feeling you get after a long run. My obliques are feeling the TLC. Yay!
So, as many of you have asked what I have been running to lately, I decided to share some of my latest workout gems on my blog. The title is of course one of my current favs. Here is a quick run down. Starts easy paced then gets pumped then goes classic, then picks right back up again, then gets chill for the end.
Of course these songs are not for everyone. When I run, I like to either feel like I am a) in the club rocking to my jams or b) mad at something, angry music is very motivating or c) like I am so hot and untouchable. It's hard for me to stop myself from singing and dancing along. Okay, I do dance a little and I definitely mouth the words. I figure everyone else at the gym may think I look crazy, but really they are just wishing they were having as much fun as me! Oh and did I mention the club?!
1. What's My Name - Rihanna
2. Ya No Te Veo Remix - Jowell & Randy (Gotta love my spanish music)
3. Pretty Girl Rock - Keri Hilson (I could listen to this on repeat for like six days, love love)
4. California Gurls - Katy Perry
5. Whip My Hair - Willow Smith (Another one I could put on repeat)
6. Like a G6 - Far East Movement (I really tried to hate this song, but it is jammin!)
7. No Hands - Waka Flaka and Roscoe
8. Bottoms Up - Trey Songz
9. When Love Takes Over - Keri Hilson and David Guetta
10. Cry for You - September
11. Waiting for Tonight - Jennifer Lopez
12. It's Not Right But It's Okay - Whitney
13. 3 - Britney
14. Firework - Katy Perry
15. I'm the Sh*t - DJ Class and Kanye (Do not listen if you can't deal with cursing and the clean version is sooo not worth it. But this song is so much fun.=)
16. Only Girl in the World - Rihanna
17. Club Can't Handle Me - Flo Rida
18. What is Love - Haddaway (Yes, this is what I meant by chill, haha)
19. Whatever You Like - TI
20. Upgrade You - Beyonce
Surprisingly, Gaga did not make the list. But, she's been so overplayed for a while, I needed a break. Anyway, hope you guys enjoy this list as much as I do. My whole list actually has over 60 songs, but these are the current favs.