Tuesday, January 11, 2011
1. My thighs will be less than 20Ē at the largest part. (Today they are 21.5")
**Update: Havenít measured again, itís only been 11 days!
2. I will find 5 healthy foods I will eat that Iím not eating now.
**Update: I found 1 new one! Tilapia Ė I baked it in the oven with salt & pepper, and it was fine. Itís got 23 grams of protein in 4 oz! Woo hoo!! Oh, and as a bonus, no one complained about the smell & my little guy has got a very sensitive nose.
3. I will do 100 consecutive toe pushups.
**Update: I havenít worked on these too much. My streak so far is 25.
4. This one isnít really up to me but, I would like my new healthy lifestyle to rub off on my husband & teenage daughter. Iíve seen some good things happen already Ė like hubby completing c25k & daughter doing dvds every now & then. I hope to see more of this in 2011.
**Update: Hubby still talks a lot about losing weight. The more he talks the more itís in his mind, so this is good. Heís got a goal to lose 16 lbs by April. On the other hand, seems like my little guy has been eating more junk.
5. Complete a 30 day self challenge. One of my Spark friends just finished one & I enjoyed following it. I will come up with one for myself for January.
**Update: Joined the 28 Day Bootcamp. That will give me a 30 day (I exercised the 2 days prior to starting BootCamp) exercising streak for January. Not sure yet what Iíll do after that.
In other news, Iím not digging the nutrition I know I should be getting, meaning Iím indulging in things like pizza (that thick crust is soooo good), ice cream (I had a couple of bowls over the weekend), & popcorn (we have a Whirly Pop, so I have control over no butter, no salt, but I do use the oil to pop it). Iím sure there are other goodies Iíve not mentioned, but you get the idea. I feel like a toddler stomping their foot cause they are mad & they want something. I want my junk & I want it now!
My husband is planning a hot date for us on 1/22. I would like to ďhottenĒ up as much as I can. Having a specific event to prepare for seems to help me stay focused. I realize to get the best results I need to cut this junk out of my diet. What will win out? My desire to hottify myself (What? A person who is already healthy can have goals, too!) or my desire for the drumsticks in the freezer here at work? We shall see.