Well, another day of not hitting the gym since Kaylee had me up again from 1 to 5. I read it is normal for toddlers at this age to be going through a big change in sleep habits because of their growth spurt. Not sure if knowing that makes me feel better or not. I did ask DH to be the one to get up tonight, though, if it happens again because I absolutely NEED to go to the gym tomorrow.
I will say, though, that I didn't let that get me down! I still made sure I had a positive attitude, and everything that went on the rest of the day fell in line for me including the fact that I ran on my lunch hour outside. I didn't get in 4 miles like I had hoped, but I did get in 3, and will do those 4 tomorrow. I didn't have any real cravings but for at dinnertime when my DH asked me right before supper was finished if he could go out with his brother for dinner. So I had mashed potatoes and corn for Kaylee, and steak, baked potatoes, and corn for me. But a double portion of it. I also had way too many mashed potatoes made for Kaylee, so there were leftovers. A little
on my shoulder said I should have all of it. ALL OF IT! All of the steak, and all of the leftover mashed potatoes, because they are SOOO tasty with corn mixed in!
But, instead I had a smaller portion than I was even planning of my steak, I had my baked potato as planned with corn, and put everything else away as leftovers for DH and Kaylee. I spent the rest of the evening with Kaylee and she helped me clean and organize things. I gave her a bath, and we played some more until bedtime at 7:30. Now, I am in bed typing this and will plan to be sleeping by 8 (just in case Kaylee is up again in the middle of the night.
So, here is how I did with my goals:
1. Nutrition: I am thinking a bigger breakfast with a low-calorie English muffin with reduced-fat PB, one egg sunny-side up, and fruit. For lunch, I want to have something small...thinking veggies/corn and cottage cheese. For supper, I am planning on splitting a steak with my DH and having a baked potato with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter and a small amount of fat-free sour cream with a sprinkle of low-fat cheddar cheese and broccoli. Snacks will be fruit/veggies.
I ended up having no PB on my English muffin for breakfast. I did veggies and 1/2 cup of cottage cheese for lunch (thinking to save points for dinner). And I had my steak , baked potato, and corn as mentioned above. I am really proud of myself for not diving into food just because DH ditched me this evening (that punk!) :o}
2. Water/no caffeine day #6: I want to aim for 130 ounces of water with 1 can at most of Diet 7-Up for dinner.
I was only at 80 ounces at 5:00. So, I guzzled water until I hit 130 ounces. And I will be up peeing, I just know it. I have to pee now, actually...ooops, TMI. I had 1/2 can of Diet 7-Up for dinner, so mission accomplished!
3. Fitness: Running for 1 hour in the morning at the gym (not focusing on speed or mileage). Circuit training either during work (if the jobs are low again) or in the evening. Walk dog at least once around the block.
partially. I ran 3 miles on my lunch hour. I didn't do circuit training because the jobs didn't run low today and this evening was spent with my daughter. I would have done the workout if DH was home, though. Oh, well! I did walk the dog around the block, too, and she was happy about it!
4. Keep busy. Whether it's cleaning, getting out of the house, or talking with DH about the future.
I kept my booty busy for sure! Not one minute of standing around, and that really helped me from straying or grazing!
5. Spark on! The more I visit this site throughout my day (within reason work-wise), the more motivated and inspired I am!!!
6. Again, be in bed by 9 p.m. and hopefully asleep by 9:15-9:30 (my sleep initiation isn't the bed as I tend to think about my day and my future when I lay down to sleep).
As above, I am going to bed even an hour earlier than that because I fear Kaylee will be up in the middle of the night again. If she isn't, then I will just be making up the sleep I need anyway!
Goals for Friday:
1. Nutrition: Main thing is to have no more than 29 WW points. Also, focus is on protein first, freggies second, and fiber third. Keep it low-fat and as clean as possible. I need to do my progress pictures for the Rachel_Mac challenge on Saturday, so need to keep that in mind!
2. Water/Caffeine: 120+ ounces of water for sure, and try to get most of it in by 6 p.m. if not all of it! 1 can at most of Diet 7-Up for day 7 of no caffeine!
3. Fitness: Go to the gym and run on the treadmill for 45 to 60 minutes. ST at the gym and at home. Plan on doing SP videos. Walk dog around the block.
4. BUSY BUSY BUSY: Friday is usually a rough day for me since DH is working until midnight and I always go to the grocery store so Kaylee can see daddy. I will need to make sure I go there NOT hungry, and to stay focused. Also, I need to make a plan of action with Kaylee, whether it be to stay at home and play or to go to the mall or Target to walk around. This one applies to work, as well. If I hit my line count, I will get incentive pay on my check, which is gravy! I need that! I will also need to work on getting our Holiday/New Year's letter/photo together and ready to be sent out Saturday (if they come in the mail). Yeah, I'm late. I know.
5. Go to bed by 9 since I am getting up with Kaylee on Saturday morning.
Countdown to Cancun: 56 days with 16.4 pounds left to lose (will check weight next on Tuesday).