Today I had a couple of challenges. First was that my daughter, who is going through a major 18-month growth spurt (she is up 3 pounds in 1 week so far!!!) and teething like mad, was up many times during the night, so at 5 a.m. I turned off my alarm for going to the gym because a) I didn't want to chance waking her up again while getting ready and b) I really needed a couple more hours of sleep.
My second challenge was at the grocery store this evening. I ate an apple before going so I wouldn't be hungry. But, that didn't really cut it. I almost bought a bag of those Golden Oreo's (I've never had them before), but I thought that my daughter would love them for snacking. Yeah, right. Those were for me to pig out on, and I knew it. So, I put them back. I had a fleeting thought of buying a 3-pack of the grocery store's cookies, but again I walked away. I then had a thought of buying Kaylee McDonald's for supper, like a 4-piece Chicken McNugget and a small fry. Yeah, right. Even if I wasn't going to get anything for myself, I should still not be feeding my child that. Not only that, but I would probably have eaten half of it myself. I talked myself out of it, and knew she could eat part of my dinner (couscous with mixed veggies, turkey bacon, and 1 egg...tastes like a healthier pork-fried rice).
So, here's a recap:
1. Nutrition: Focus on protein, and otherwise eat fruits and veggies. I am thinking eggs for breakfast, a sandwich for lunch, and couscous for dinner.
I had 3 egg whites and 1 egg for breakfast with fruit, a deli meat sandwich with broccoli for lunch, and the above-mentioned couscous for dinner. I had veggies and fruit for snacks.
2. Water: Aim for at least 100 ounces of water, but try for 120 ounces. As before, I can have 1 can of 7-Up. No caffeine for day #5!!
I had 125 ounces of water today, and I had 1/2 can of 7-Up! Yay for no caffeine still and yay for finally not having a caffeine withdrawal headache! I had to pee a lot, but that is a good thing :o}
3. Activity: Spinning (crosstraining) for 55 minutes along with ST to include push-ups and crunches at home. I will do lunges and/or squats if my quads are okay. I will take my dog on at least one walk (no matter how cold). Okay.
for most of this. I didn't spin, but I did 30 minutes of videos on SP, plus 10 minutes of jumping jacks, plus a bunch of strength training. I did pushups, crunches, lunges, and squats. I do wish I could have done more, but this is really my day off so I am happy with it. Oh, and I did walk my doggy around the block, even though it was frigid :o}
4. I will have a great productive day at work, and will do 1 load of laundry and wash dishes. Any cleaning otherwise will be the icing on the cake :o}
I did all of these, except for extra cleaning. Instead, I did the extra workouts.
5. I will go to bed by 9:00 p.m. My body seems to like this amount of sleep!!
Goals for tomorrow:
1. Nutrition: I am thinking a bigger breakfast with a low-calorie English muffin with reduced-fat PB, one egg sunny-side up, and fruit. For lunch, I want to have something small...thinking veggies/corn and cottage cheese. For supper, I am planning on splitting a steak with my DH and having a baked potato with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter and a small amount of fat-free sour cream with a sprinkle of low-fat cheddar cheese and broccoli. Snacks will be fruit/veggies.
2. Water/no caffeine day #6: I want to aim for 130 ounces of water with 1 can at most of Diet 7-Up for dinner.
3. Fitness: Running for 1 hour in the morning at the gym (not focusing on speed or mileage). Circuit training either during work (if the jobs are low again) or in the evening. Walk dog at least once around the block.
4. Keep busy. Whether it's cleaning, getting out of the house, or talking with DH about the future.
5. Spark on! The more I visit this site throughout my day (within reason work-wise), the more motivated and inspired I am!!!
6. Again, be in bed by 9 p.m. and hopefully asleep by 9:15-9:30 (my sleep initiation isn't the bed as I tend to think about my day and my future when I lay down to sleep).
Countdown to Cancun: 57 days with 16.4 pounds left to lose :o}