Tuesday, January 04, 2011
My weight yesterday morning was a little up- - 289#--I think I put on a few pounds over the holidays but I'm not worried about it . . .as I know just what to do! I will try to weigh myself only once a week (Mondays) and I hope my Ticker keeps adding up to a 75# weight loss by the end of 2011.
At the encouragement of a dear Spark Friend I decided even though I mentally knew my goals for 2011 it was high time to write them down. She also said to post them throughout the house where you walk or spend time as that way you will be seeing them and getting even more motivation to make them all come true.
I started Stage 2 today--Healthy Diet Habits--will stay in it for 2 weeks.
My 2011 Goals are:
1. Exercise for 10-15 minutes every day--then every other month add another 10 minutes to it and remember to track it.
2. Drink green tea--hot or cold instead of sodas and coffee--and as always water.
3. Eat 5 fruits a vegetables a day.
4. Eat slowly and mindfully - this is hard for me as I usually wolf down my food and don't even realize I'm satisfied until 20 minutes later. I'm going to wait 20 minutes after I finish a meal to see if I'm satisfied, if not I will have a low fat Greek yogurt, glass of milk, a piece of string cheese--a 100-150 calorie #2 Snack.
5. 1/4 of my plate will be starches - such as brown rice, whole wheat pasta, oats, whole grain cereal, or whole wheat bread
Another 1/4 of my plate will be protein such as chicken, fish, meat, eggs, beans & Tofu.
1/2 of my plate will be non-starchy veggies or fruits such as broccoli, carrots, lettuce, tomatoes or some fruit such as an orange, an apple, berries, melons, etc
6. Track my food intake & stay within calorie range and don't forget to adjust it as the pounds come off.
I'm in a Spring Challenge in the 60 & Over Team with 100 or more. . . and my goal is to be down 15#s by the end of March 2011
After realizing that goal I will lose another #20 every 3 months. So I will be down a realistic 75#s by the end of this year. I want a 100# or more # weight loss but in 2012 I will do just that. I will set additional goals for 2012 the end of this year.
I know it's a slow weight loss but I don't lose weight quickly as mobility is an issue for me and I'm on some medication that my Dr. told me usually makes people gain weight--well, I'm living proof enough of that.
I want and need to get healthy as I have a lot of people who love and yes, also depend upon me. But, most of all I'm doing it for me and I'm thinking very positive and I know I Can Do This!!
I love all the Support and Motivation I get from SP--and you all give me encouragement and motivation that helps me enormously. I thank each and every one of you--you are one of the most important ingredients in all of this!!