Saturday, January 01, 2011
Like so many people I make New Year's Resolutions that I NEVER follow through on. Ever. The resolutions almost always had to do with my weight and set unrealistic deadlines. Thanks to Sparkpeople and the incredible people on this site I am much wiser now. I can set realistic goals and have supportive people keep me accountable. So in the year 2011 I have decided to do things a little differently.
1. I am making my nutritional and fitness trackers public. I have struggled with this decision for a long time. When I screw up now it is really public. When I slack off someone will see it. I also hope someone will see it and it will help them. I know seeing others public trackers has helped me.
2. Blog more. It helps me to document my strengths and struggles. I'm not a very verbal emotional person so having an expression outlet is really good for me.
3. Eat out less. I spend entirely to much money and empty calories on take out food. I will make a vested effort this year to eat out less and put that money to better uses.
4. Defeat sodium. Sodium is my nemesis. For the past few months I have been watching my sodium and I want to continue to be vigilant about my intake.
5. Increase strength. I've really picked up my strength training recently and I'm anxious to see how much stronger I can become this year.
6. Walk/run 400 miles this year. I usually walk about 15 miles a week so this is incredibly plausible and hopefully I will surpass this goal by hundreds of miles!
7. Under 200 by the end of September 2011. I'm 26 pounds away from being under 200 for the first time in 5 years. I want this more than anything.
Alright I set goals I can easily reach if I put forth some effort. Feel free to kick my effort into gear if you think I need it.
Happy 2011 Everyone. Let's make it an incredible healthy year.