Saturday, January 01, 2011
The ball has dropped in Times Square and the New Year is upon us! Goals have been set, promises for improved health and fitness made, it is time to look forward. I loved the quote posted by Abraham Lincoln a few weeks ago on SP to the effect of "I may not walk fast, but I move forward". No turning back - forward progress is the focus for the next year.
Beginning now steady improvements in exercise habits and eating habits will be tracked religiously and any setbacks will be viewed as hurdles to be overcome, but not roadblocks.
With a great support team at Spark People there is no reason that any of us should fail to meet our goals for this year.
1) Continue to walk 10k steps per day
2) Take advantage of the stairs at work as 'exercise equipment' at least 3x per day taking a circuit in addition to pedometer tracked steps
3) Monitor/track food daily - resist the temptation to skip meals
4) At least 8 cups of water per day
5) No caffeine
6) At least 7 hours of solid sleep per night (on a regular schedule)
7) Yoga at least 3x per week
8) Increase cardio (take advantage of gym)
9) Continue SP Bootcamp videos
10) BMI of 24 by Feb 24th
11) Weight 125 by June 30
12) Maintain the rest of the year
13) Provide support for others who need encouragement