One of our biggest goals is to make SparkPeople easier and more powerful to use for all our members, both new and experienced. After getting considerable feedback from our members and coaches we re-worked our "Start" page, which is the page you see immediately after logging in to the site.
You have the option to switch to our new Start page, unless you are a new member who joined after 10:30 AM Eastern Time today, in which case you will automatically see the new Start page. If you are an experienced member who changes to the new Start page you have the option to switch back to the old, or "classic" Start page, right after you switch. You can switch to the new page by finding and clicking the "Try the new Start page" link on the upper left of the Start page. If you'd like to see a preview of the new Start page you can click here
We believe this new Start page will make SparkPeople easier to use for everyone. Some changes include:
- Quick views of your goal progress on the left of the page
- As easier view of site content at the top center of the page, plus quick links to your special programs and challenges in the center of the page
- Easy access to the SparkPoints wheel and Trophies in the center of the page
- Display of your friend feed, and the ability to update your Status, on the lower right of the page
- A generally improved visual design, to make everything easier to find
As mentioned above, changing to the new page is currently optional. If you do change to the new page and have any suggestions for things to change please leave a comment below.
Thanks for the great feedback everyone -- I'm happy to hear you like the new Start page!
Edited to Add: We now have a new video showcasing the start page and how to use it. You can view it on YouTube: www.youtube.com/watch?v=To1XQWPwY3I