Sunday, December 19, 2010
Whenever I'm feeling like I'm just doing what I do with Spark because that's what I do, I read some exceptional blogs and lo and behold...I can feel the motivation starting to spark its way into my heart. Today I read a few and I'm finding myself drawn to the lists (because, I'll admit it, I'm a List-Kind-of-Gal). So, having now been sparked by some great bloggers out there in Spark-world, I'm posting my own and putting it out there for myself. Here goes...
I HAVE, SINCE JANUARY 4th, 2010...
1. lost 33 pounds
2. run a 5K race
3. developed athletic confidence
4. improved my cardio
5. shared my knowledge with others and helped spark their way
6. sparked with my husband
7. been a fine example to my children each and every time they have wanted to drive somewhere by showing them we can all walk together
8. become more confident
9. loved myself more
10. lived, not dieted
10. enjoyed going out more because I haven't had to labour over what dreaded outfit will fit and hide all that must be hidden!
OVER THE NEXT 2 WEEKS I WILL...
1. do some form of cardio exercise on all but 3 days (check)
2. eat in moderation (not successful)
3. allow myself a 5 pound range for weight gain/loss because I'm LIVING, not dieting (gained 15--but got 5 off as soon as I went back to work)
4. enjoy all of the festivities because my clothes fit (check)
5. track on Spark faithfully--because I know this is what will keep me on track (check)
6. read motivating blogs (check)
7. celebrate my success by looking in the mirror and admiring all that I have accomplished (check)
8. complete a second 5K on New Year's Day--the Resolution Run (check--and have the jacket to prove it ;) )
9. begin thinking about my 2011 Goals (check)
10. enjoy all aspects of Christmas (check).
UPDATED January 27, 2011: Not so bad! I'm pretty pleased with myself other than the fact that my sweet tooth is taking over. Once this junk food is out of the house, I'll be in much better shape--I hope!!
Looking back over the lists I've realized the one thing that has really impacted my life is knowing that when I go upstairs to get ready for anything to which we are invited this Christmas season, I will have something to wear and it will only take me a minute or two to decide which of several options I will choose. In the past this has had such a huge impact on how I approached each social event (in
a foul mood). It's a blessing to know that for the next 2 weeks I will NOT stress over clothing at all. Ahhhh...merry Christmas 15Minutes!