I am a big fan of setting short term goals...if it is a tool to help me in the long term. I've been trying to think of what I can use as short term goal to keep my head in the game of being healthy! (though i know health is not something to play with!) I'm thinking if I have something to look forward to, it will make me take my goals much more seriously.
Since Thanksgiving I've managed to stray 7lbs from my goal weight...in the wrong direction. I am confident that I will work that weight off.
My plan for the short term to help me achieve this:
1) Commit to Keeping My Food Log...Even on Splurge Days!
- I used to be really committed to doing this, even on my splurge days. Then on my splurge days I stopped logging...and pretty soon I wasn't so committed to keeping my food log. I believe that not facing the numbers on what I was actually consuming enabled me to take advantage of stuffing my face!
2) Share my food Log with my Personal Trainer
- He hasn't been too concerned with my eating habits, since I'd been able to maintain my goal weight for 3 months. I think sharing my log with him will help keep me accountable about making healthier food choices....or else he'll kick my butt in my workout!
3) Work out 3x a week. No EXCUSES.
-2x with my trainer and at least 1x on my own
4) Drink minimum 8 cups water daily
5) Positive Daily affirmations
-I've been pretty down on myself lately. I'd like to remind myself daily of all that I have to be thankful for and proud of.
I would like to aim for doing this daily up until my 10 year high school reunion date. By then, I hope that this would become a habit and something that I will be happy to continue through the rest of the year.
I want to show myself that when the going gets tough...i'm not going anywhere.