On Saturday I logged on to SP, to be greeted by 25 points. Cool! It was a 30 day Bonus, telling me I'd been a member for 240 days. In that time, I've dropped 52 pounds, so I guess it's time for the "What I've Learned" blog.
1. One Cookie tastes as good as two cookies.
2. Planning is crucial.
I plan to fit in my exercise time. Strength is first thing every morning. If something comes up, and I have to fit it in later in the day, I feel like someone stuck a stick in my spokes.
I plan most of what I'll eat in a day. I track it as early as possible, so I know what's left in the "Budget", should I want an extra snack.
3. Almonds are amazing. I find that I'm a bit "Fat-Phobic", so my fat intake was frequently too low early on in my tracking. I've lost weight before, only to find it again, so I knew I had to fix that. I have almonds almost every day. I get a three pound sack, toast 'em, than weigh them into .75 oz portions (123 Cals), so they're easily available.
4. SP's trackers are incredible! I love how everything is customizable, and you can get as much info as you want. SO much better and easier to use than anything I've done before!
5. Spark Friends make ALL the difference.
I know I can count on you guys as cheerleaders, or when I need a kick in the pants, or if I just need to whine a little. I've never met any of you face to face, but please know that you mean a lot to me, and have been a strong positive force in my life.
6. An evening walk is SO much better than becoming one with the sofa after dinner.
You meet your neighbors, find out that the local restaurant has great jazz on Sunday nights, and SO much more! Oh, yeah, you burn calories, too.
7. A big green salad is a wonderful lunch.
I grate a few carrots, shred some cabbage and chop some celery and keep it together in a bag by the spring mix in the fridge. That way I just toss some from each bag in my bowl, add a little lean protein, grab a few whole grain crackers, and I'm good to go!
8. One Cookie tastes SO much better than the post-binge feeling after eating seventeen cookies. No guilt, no self-loathing, and my stomach feels great so I can do whatever's next on the agenda.
Thanks for reading my blog and commenting!