Saturday, December 11, 2010
I'm mostly going to let the pictures speak for themselves. Other than that, here are some things I have learned!
1. sitting at a desk only burns about as much as sleeping (about 1.5 calories a minute). As soon as I stand up and start casually walking around, I can burn twice as many calories a minute.
2. I don't burn as many calories during rigorous exercise as I thought I did. During the high peaks you can see below, I was on the elliptical machine and working my ass off. Only burning about 7.5 calories a minute, whereas Spark and the machine say about 10 cals a minute.
3. During weight lifting, I burn about 6.5 calories a minute. Nice!
4. Walking burns almost as many calories as vigorous exercise! Amazing. About 6 calories a minute for brisk walking.
5. Playing video games burns 2.5 calories a minute, vs. 1.8 calories just sitting around. HA! HA!