Pros and Cons of being Obese
Wednesday, December 08, 2010
Recently my sister and I created a new club, "Fatties United (F.U.): A Support Group for the Obese." Ha ha ok we were just kidding around, but what we did do was create a list of the pros and cons of being fat. We did this mostly out of boredom and the need for a good laugh, and in the spirit of community I thought I would share the highlights of our lists with you so since I'm sure some, if not most, of these things relate to you. :)
Pros of being Obese:
1. Extra insulation in the winter time.
2. You're harder to kidnap.
3. You have stores like Lane Bryant made just for you.
4. You don't have to worry about following a "diet" because you're not worried about getting fat because you already are!
Cons of being Obese:
1. People are quick to judge you.
2. You're parents are constantly annoying you with stuff like "IF you were thinner you would be so beautiful!"
3. The beauty you have on the inside doesn't match the beauty you have on the outside.
4. You can't wear high heels for too long.
5. You have stretchies (aka stretch marks)
6. You have flabbies (self-explanatory)
7. Unattractive rolls on your arms, rolls on your back, rolls on your face, etc. etc.
8. You can't buy things from Victoria's Secret.
9. You fall more easily into D-land (aka Land of the Depressed).
10. Rolls on rolls on rolls (did I mention rolls already?).
11. You need more than one towel to wrap your body after you shower.
12. you have low self-esteem and low confidence.
13. You have a double/triple chin
14. Your pants keep ripping where your thighs rub together.
15. Even though there are stores made just for you, you have limited selections of clothing.
16. You wear out your shoes more quickly.
17. The clothes you don't like fit and the clothes you do like don't fit.
18. You hate taking pictures.
19. You don't have the energy to go out.
20. You're self-conscious about your weight
21. You feel guilty about what you eat.
23. You hide your body under baggy clothes like big sweaters.
24. Health problems: diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure/sugar, heat problems, etc.
25. More likely to be disproportionate/ have a body you're not comfortable with.
26. Too embarrassed to wear a bathing suit in public.
27. You can't rely on physical fitness as a means of survival (so you won't be able to get away from lions and tigers and bears as easily).
28. You feel squished on a roller coaster.
29. Flexibility = nonexistent.
30. Love life = nonexistent.
Pros of being obese = 4. Cons of being obese = 30. Ladies and Gentlemen, it seems that we should stick to our diets and exercise routines :)
Happy Weight Losing! (and Happy Holidays!!!!!)