Baby steps day 8 - forgetting!
Tuesday, December 07, 2010
Thanks everyone, for your kind words, not just yesterday but this past whole week. Yesterday was spent with Himself at the eyedoctor, a check-up after the Thanksgiving surgery. Then we went to see Daddy and tell him about his old buddy's son. There's always a risk, with Daddy, and probably with any elderly, of stirring up strong emotions. The biggest thing Daddy ever did was go to war and his reaction to bringing back those stories and memories was mixed. I knew it would be. At one point he fluttered his hands in front of his face and said "So many feelings are rushing at me" and I realized that I do exactly the same thing when I'm stirred. We get so many things from our parents - even gestures.
All in all, it was the most alive I've seen him in over a year. I'll be getting him in contact with the 12 armored division's veteran association so I hope some other people reach out to him. He doesn't "do" computers.
As for my goals. well ... here:
1. pack healthy nibbles ___X___
2. 8 glasses of water (pack that too) ___X___
3. Put my fork (or sandwich) down between every bite wherever we have lunch today. Eat S L O W L Y ___-___ OOOPS - don't like this, because I not only loose this point but have to subtract a point from the total.
Score 20.5 or 1 hour and 43 minutes of time off in January!!
I really forgot to do that last one. I certainly ate deliberately, but I just forgot. Not at lunch, because that was just soup in the car and it was hot. You have to eat THAT slowly. but now I write this I realize another beneft of soup. You CAN'T eat hot soup fast so by the time you've finished it your brain is getting the All Full signal. Hmm. I believe I will start serving a Hot Soup appetizer around here.
But we ended up in town till way late so we stopped on the way home and had dinner - and then I forgot. I just gobbled at first. I was SO hungry.
Ahh well. I don't mind giving up the point this time because I GAINED 10 points worth of insight.
And for today?
1. 30 miinutes fast walking at the gym
2. pack lunch AND snacks just in case. I may be going out with a girlfriend but just in case...
3. 8 glasses of water
4. (so I can catch up to my goal) 5 fruits and vegetables
And so - mere weeks away from Christmas - I hope you are snug and warm and on schedule.