5 Reasons why I Want to Lose Weight-Spark 5% Winter Challenge
Tuesday, December 07, 2010
Too fat, even if somewhat a 'fit fat' as I like to call it (just ran a 5k, and I wasn't the last one! and time was a little slower due to ice over most of the course sidewalk, and I didn't run in the street). Fat enough that the home scale doesn't register me, which was embarrassing to note on the private team's weigh-in board...I'm the heaviest one. :( I'm not even sure if my estimate is correct...I *just* had broken the 300 pound barrier last time I was sparking, but now I'm above it again, though my clothing hasn't changed much so I think I'm basically the same.
The other reasons, besides embarrassment / defensiveness / stress about many weird little things like the scale:
1) a kick-off for the new year, accomplishing something 'big' in my fitness goals in 2010 besides running a 5k.
2) health...mom's cancer and dad's heart issues and my approaching 50's (a couple of years off) mean that some of their health issues will be mine, and overweight stresses the heart and promotes cancer cells
3) clothes...it would be fun to be a size smaller and return any clothes I am gifted for the holidays, that way I can get what I like, on sale, with the excuse 'it's too big, sorry' (smile)
4) better results for when job interviews start next year...people prefer to hire thinner people
5) feeling confident because I accomplished a significant goal!