Merry Challange December!
Thursday, December 02, 2010
I love making monthly challenges, but never though about putting them in public view. After seeing SPORADICUS put her's up it made me think what a good idea that is! Accountability baby! So here are the ones I've got for December. I'm ready to own this month!!!
1. No alcohol (been doing this since October and it's been great! Ok...so I had a drink on Halloween and Thanksgiving and plan to have one at Christmas, but that is still a very significant change)
2. No Fried Foods (Who knew that these should actually not be a part of anyone's diet, ever??)
3. Take my multivitamin everyday (much easier said than remembered...)
4. Eat six fruits or vegetables everyday (right now I log 5 pretty consistently, so I'm ready to crank it up)
5. Eat dinner at home five nights a week
6. Get my mile running time down to 12 minutes (I'm at 15.40 as of yesterday...I know that is about the pace of a tortoise, but it felt really fast to me. Not a running expert so maybe this is an unrealistic goal, but I don't think I'm very good at pushing myself so I really want to try and see what I can do. Plus, if I remember right, in high school that was one of the fitness test: to be able to run a mile in 12 minutes and I remember that felt slow back then!)
7. Be at or under 175 lbs.
My goals always seem so realistic and attainable at the beginning of the month and then by the end I'm like, "What was I thinking?" But, for the most part these are things that are already incorporated in my life, I just want to stay on top of it. The running is the big one. I figure cranking up my exercise with all the holiday parties around the corner will be good =D
Wish me luck!! All I want for Christmas is a rockin' bod!! haha