Thursday, December 02, 2010
Everybody has different reasons for wanting to lose weight. It seems the biggest motivation is getting married or knowing someone who is getting married and being a part of the wedding party...those darn dresses get us everytime! Some people want to lose the baby weight and others want to lose weight for an upcoming vacation. But what happens when you youngest baby is 7, you have no planned vacations or wedding on the horizons? When there is no set deadline, we feel like we can keep putting it off until tomorrow. What happens if tomorrow never comes? That is pretty much where I fall.
Today’s challenge was to post about why I want to lose weight. And I seriously have been thinking about this question since I read it this morning. For months I have tried and failed to re-motivate myself. I am 18 pounds heavier than I was this time last year. It hurts! 18 pounds!!! I want those 18 pounds and more GONE! I am DONE with them!
1. I want to lose weight for MYSELF. No special occasions. No fancy parties. Day to day Carol wants to be able to walk up a flight of stairs without feeling like she is going to pass out when she gets to the top.
2. I want to be in the 'normal' BMI range.
3. I don't want to always be hiding in pictures. Or telling people to just get my face because I don't want them getting my rolls. That sucks!
4. I want to feel sexy! C doesn’t care. But I do.
5. I want to lose weight for my kids. When I lost weight the first time I was so active. I was always running around and doing things with them. I want that back again! More than that, I want to instill good habits for them.
6. I REALLY don’t want to buy new clothes…in a bigger size! Really it is my jeans. I spent money on Seven and Rock and Republic jeans and I want to wear them again!!! UGH! It irritates me!
I know that I can do this! I posted my December goals yesterday but here they are again… So far so good!
1. Drink 8-10 glasses of water a day. There are days I am so busy that I forget to drink water. CRRAZZY, I know! I plan on using my Spark Status…if you don’t see me drinking water…REMIND ME!
2. Workout 3-5 days a week. Anything is better than what I am doing now! I have taken the clothes off of the treadmill and dusted off the Bowflex…hello Lovers!
3. Find 30 minutes of “me” time. Ok, who am I kidding 30 minutes sounds like an eternity! I would settle for 15 minutes. Just time to unwind, get on spark, read a book, de-stress. There are days I can’t pee without the boys screaming my name! It scares the bejeebies out of me!
4. Plan ALL of my lunches! I do great at home. I plan my breakfast and dinners…lunch is a problem lately. If eating out is my ONLY option than I need to make better choices!
5. End the year at the weight I am or lower….that means DON’T GAIN ANY WEIGHT! Again, I know this is a busy time of the year for me. And with all of the changes going on in our household, I can’t expect to lose weight overnight. But I will be happy not to gain anymore. At this point in the game, not gaining any more weight is a good thing!
6. Check in with my teams DAILY!