Sunday, November 28, 2010
I typically don't do the blogs because I'm just not a sharer. Posting stuff about myself is completely out of my comfort zone, I prefer to just be the silent person perusing what everyone else has to say.
But at this time of year when it's so difficult, I want to remind myself of how thankful I should be!
1. I am thankful for my children. Without them, my life would be nothing. I'm not a perfect mother, and they're not perfect children, so we mesh well, lol :) My children think I'm perfect the size I am with or without the weight loss. My children who giggle, laugh and high five each other if they can get me to eat something "unhealthy". But offer support about my exercising and eating healthy, even willing to eat the healthy dinners that I make. My kids who have to adjust from living a life of having what ever they wanted, to having what is needed as I struggle as a single parent. They do it, and they never complain about what they can't do, or what they do without.
2. I am thankful for my friends. I have a wealth of supportive friends. Friends that I can call at anytime of day and night and know that they will be there to support me. When they found out about my divorce, my friends stepped up to be my support. Offering an ear to listen; taking me out for a night to focus on something else; hugging me when I thought I couldn't take one. They are my family of choice. They are everything you wish your family was, that is my friends, every last one of them!
3. I am thankful for my job. Though I struggle with bills, and having enough money to pay them, and not being able to splurge. I have a good job, with a boss and co-worker that I consider friends. I know my job will be there next month, next year, and the year after. I don't have to worry about being laid off, I am secure, our organization is secure.
4. I am thankful for my body, every size it has been (though I like it smaller, lol).
5. I am thankful for my ex-husband. He was not the best husband, but he is the best father.
6. I am thankful for Sparkpeople and everyone who has offered motivation and support to me, without ever knowing it.
7. I am thankful for my life. It's not what I thought it would be at this age, but it's all mine and it's exactly what I let it and make it to be.
8. I am thankful for my future and all the wonderful things that are going to happen in it!
I probably forgot some things that I'm thankful for, . but this blog will always be a reminder for me on how wonderful my life really is. If you took the time to read this, thank you and hope you weren't too bored :)