Happy US Thanksgiving Spark Nation!
It's been a week since I blogged ( I Know! Right?) and I thought I should post a bit about the week in the life. ("Woke up, got outta bed, dragged a comb across my head....")
It's been busy busy busy as usual. My parents were in town to do some seasonal shopping, hit a couple craft fairs and to see a concert- so I have been busy either taking part or planning for any and all of this. You know how it is.
In the middle of it all, my husband has hit an unreasonable patch. This I can usually ignore, but it is a bit more awkward when we have company in the house. I can't wait until we see a neurological psychiatrist specialist. (We're on the list). What I need to find out it how much of his behavior is being driven by his brain injury and how much is just because he is orney git!! Lord knows I got pretty close to losing my $h*t this week. The thing is, if I know what to expect, then I can be a bit more firm with the unnecessary unreasonableness. Right now, when there is unacceptable behavior and I call him on it, he plays the "brain damage" card. As of right now, I have nothing in my hand with which to trump. Rumour has it that this specialist can help with that. So I wait in hope!
In any case, I kept it together and kept on track and maybe hit the punching bag at the gym a little harder than usual- and here we are.
Hmmm, I didn't mean for this to be a negative post, because in general things are pretty good. In fact I am going to list all the things that have happened today to make me thankful:
1. I woke up and got ready for work without any challenges or hesitation because my body is whole and my health is good.
2. I have electricity, running water and plenty of healthy food to eat in my house.
3. I got hugs from my Mom and Dad when they left this morning. I also got a lick from my elderly kitty.
4. I got my favorite place to read on the bus
5. I read a book that was kindly loaned to me by a friend
6. I got to work early which makes me feel organized and ready to face the day.
7. I love my job.
8. I have received e-mails from friends and relatives sharing a joke, or sharing a challenge and I was able to feel connected to them.
9. Sparkpeople (Duh!)
10. I had a tasty, healthy, satisfying lunch that I did not have to make (Left overs from last nights supper!)
11. I was able to go for a walk on my lunch.
12. A co-worker dropped off a diet coke just because.
13. Another co-worker making a Tim's run wanted to know if I wanted anything. Her treat!
14. Although I thanked her for her offer - I didn't get anything, not even a tea, but especially not a chocolate dip!
That's all for now- but man, it is only 2:00. Am I lucky or what?
Enjoy your long weekend neighbours to the south, and as for the rest of us - we are one day closer to the weekend!
Make it a good one everyone!