30,000-39,999 SparkPoints 30,888

Accident, ER, Surgery, etc.

Friday, November 19, 2010

I'm going to try and remember everything with details, so I apologize for a long entry. I'm in an insane amount of pain right now and I keep making spelling errors that I probably won't correct soon. This whole mess started on Friday. (Oh, and by the way.... this was my first trip to the ER, my first broken bone, my first stitches, my first surgery, and my first ambulance ride).

I ate like crap on Friday. I even bought a big container of chocolate peanut butter ice cream to eat after dinner because I hadn't had it in so long and I was craving it like crazy. So on Friday night, I was home alone with the kids. I ate some icecream, then some more, then some more... until I had eaten the whole freaking container. I think it was just under a half-gallon size, but maybe it was a little smaller than that. Either way, it was way more than I should have eaten. The kids and I decided to watch a movie together. I was thinking about how I got so off track with my diet and I was feeling guilty about it, and I wanted to make things right with the kids at least by spending some time with them. Jerry was at work. We watched Wall-E, and at around 7:45, Noah fell asleep while lying on my lap. I picked him up (he's about 60 pounds or so) and carried him to his bunk bed. I set him up on the top bunk, and he said to me, "Mama, I don't want to go to sleep yet." I told him that he had already fallen asleep, but I would put on a movie in his bedroom for him. I walked over to his TV, turned on the DVD player, and then got super dizzy and nauseaus. My vision went kind of black (like it does when you stand up too fast) and then I thought, "Oh no, I'm going to throw up this ice cream!". I started walking toward the door of Noah's bedroom in order to get to the bathroom.

Next thing I knew, I was laughing kind of heavily and felt claustrophobic and just weird. My face was throbbing, and felt wet. I had no clue where I was or what I was doing. I kept trying to look around, but my head was just killing me. Finally, I discovered I was on Noah's floor with a pool of blood under my face. I thought, "OHMYGOD, I actually passed out! What the heck?!" and then I tried to bite my teeth together, which caused more panic. My teeth felt SO MESSED UP. They wouldn't close together and they felt "floppy" or something. My first thought was that I lost my teeth when I fell. I rushed to the bathroom, and started spitting out blood like crazy. It wouldn't stop coming out. I was rinsing out my mouth over and over, but the blood kept coming. I tried to scramble for the phone, but of course couldn't remember where it was. Finally, I found it and called my mom. I blurted out, "Mom! I passed out! I'm bleeding!" and she kind of panicked and rushed over here. My dad followed her so that he could watch the kids while my mom went to the hospital with me. My mom wanted to call 911 to get an ambulance, but I really didn't want to go to the local hospital (which is infamous for killing people, really). I had her drive me to a town about 25 minutes from here. I walked right in and they took me to a room right away (I was probably the only patient there). I had to explain the story a dozen times. They did a CAT scan and some blood tests to figure out why I fell. The sent me to the bathroom to pee in a cup, and lo-and-behold, I had to start my period at the ER... REALLY?!

My mom called my husband at work, and he drove to the ER. It was super foggy outside, so I was worried about him. At this point, I really didn't think that my jaw was going to be the big deal it turned out to be, so I wanted Jerry to stay at work since we need the money. The doctor came in and said, "Your jaw is MESSED UP. You can't stay here." Haha, awesome. My jaw was so bad that they needed to send me to a place that specializes in trauma. They transported me by ambulance to a huge hospital in Detroit. The ER there was pretty bad. There were a lot of drug overdoses that came in, which I am so not used to seeing! They did another CAT scan, some other tests on my heart and a arteries, etc. Eventually, they just put me in a room to spend the night. They said I would need surgery on Monday.

Frickin MONDAY?! Yep, I had to wait with a broken jaw from Friday to Monday.

It was kind of funny, too--I can't even count the number of times I was asked if I feel safe at home, if my husband did this to me, etc. They just said that the injuries I have seem way to extensive for a fall. I felt bad for Jerry, because people were giving him the evil eye, lol.

My sister decided to come to town and pick up Eli and take him home to Illinois with her for a week.. Noah still had school, so he stayed with my parents. I knew Eli would have a blast with Jeanie. The hospital started giving me some serious pain meds, so that helped a lot. But I still just wanted to be done with it! See, with a broken jaw, you can't eat anything---I had to have clear liquids only for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. My meals consisted of: chicken broth, hot tea, juice, and jello (which I couldn't eat, because it had to be chewed). My mom, aunt, dad, Noah, and my pastor came to visit, which was nice.

A little more testing for surgery. My brother Nathan came to visit, and so did Stacie. Stacie brought me some magazines. By this time, I was super anxious to just get the surgery done with and go home. My surgery was scheduled for 9:30 AM on Monday. I couldn't sleep at all, because I had a crappy roommate.

They came to get me at 8:00 AM to prep for surgery. Asked me a million questions, explained the surgery, etc. I was TERRIFIED of general anesthesia. Don't know why it scares me so badly, but it's not something to take lightly! They put another IV in my arm (at this point, I'd had quite a few different ones). I said good-bye to my mom and Jerry, and my pastor's wife who had come to see me. I was wheeled to the OR where I started panicking. I was crying and a nervous wreck. The OR docs were really nice and made me feel a little more comfortable. However, once they had me all strapped in to the OR table and everything, I REALLY felt like I had to go pee. Which sucks badly when you have a 3 hour surgery ahead. That was the last thing I remember then. I woke up feeling REALLY hot and kicking my legs around to get blankets off of me. I was kind of thrashing because I remember just wanting those blankets off. I also had to be so badly that I felt like my bladder was going to explode. The surgery had actually taken over 4 hours! I kept insisting that I had to pee, and they put a bed pan under me. Even then, it was hard for me to go. Once I did though, I felt a lot better.

They brought me to my room where my mom, Jerry, and my pastor's wife were all waiting for me. I was extremely swollen. My lips were so big! Jerry said that there were two teenage boys in the hall at the hospital making fun of me after my surgery (I didn't see this) and he wanted to go punch them out so badly. However, considering that his wife was there with a broken jaw, he thought better of it ;)

I was too afraid to look in the mirror at that point. I knew that I looked like crap. I knew that I was swollen. I knew my face was no longer "pretty". Most of all, my teeth just didn't feel "right" anymore. When I talked to the doctor about this, he agreed. He wasn't pleased with how my teeth were lining up. He tried to maneuver my jaw in his office, but it was way too painful to do much, so he said he wanted to take me back to the OR on Wednesday. I was okay with that, because if you're going to fix something, might as well do it correctly, right?

To describe my injuries and surgery is kind of difficult without a diagram, but I'll try. I had broken my jaw at each corner (just under each ear), once on each side of my chin, and once in the center of my chin. There was a bone fragment from my jaw that split off and punctured two holes--once through my lower lip, and once through the bottom of my chin. On top of that stuff, I also had bruising and a type of rug burn or something. To correct all this, the doctors put metal plates along my jaw bone and screwed them together. Then, they wired my jaw shut (by wrapping wire around my teeth) to stabalize my jaw and let the corner breaks heal.The wires would need to be on from 4-6 weeks, in which time I could only be allowed to eat pureed things that could go through a straw.

Now, I just have to say... you all know how I've been complaining about the last 10-15 pounds I have to lose, right?! Well, THIS is SOOOO not how I planned on going about losing it! I can't believe people actually PAY to have their jaws wired shut in order to lose weight. However, it could just be the intervention I needed to get my ass in gear :) Not that I had a choice, though, really.

I slept on and off for the rest of the day Monday. By the time I had gotten back to my room from surgery, it was dinner time.

Tuesday was mainly prepping for surgery again on Wednesday. I had some more tests done. I met with the surgeons to discuss what they were planning. They said that the new surgery would be very simple--just adjust my jaws and rewire my teeth so they liked how my teeth looked. They said it would probably take an hour, and the anesthesia was really just so that I wouldn't have to feel the pain. They doubted they'd even have to make an incision.

I was getting really restless in my hospital room. I was still in the trauma center room, which was very small. And I had a roommate, which sucks when you're sleep deprived and staying in a hospital as it is. The nursing staff was mainly really nice. There were only one or two nurses I didn't care for, but the rest were very friendly and helpful. I even had a hot male nurse during the night on Sunday and Monday.

Tuesday night, Renee came to visit me which was fun. She brought me some magazines and we chatted for a couple of hours. She made me feel a lot better about my whole outlook on all that was happening. She is such a positive person, and I think that rubs off on me sometimes. She's been the best friend I could ever ask for, seriously.

While she was there, the hospital finally switched me to a private room on the ENT floor, which was AWESOME. It was a brand new room and just gorgeously decorated and spacious and nice. And QUIET. I was so ready to sleep that night. I fell asleep while Jerry was still there with me, and he watching TV. An hour and a half later (Jerry said I was in a SUPER deep sleep) I woke up extremely confused. I didn't know where I was or what I wad doing that. I was hyperventilating. I was just so scared that I had no clue what was going on! I was asking Jerry a million questions a minute, and I finally started breaking it down... So I fell on Friday? I went to the ER? They did surgery already, and I'm getting another tomorrow? etc etc. Finally, I actually remembered it, but I tried so hard not to sleep that night because I was scared of it happening again. I don't think I've ever been so scared about something like losing memories.

I was woken up at about 5:30 by one of the doctors who would be doing my surgery. He wanted to get my consent signed and all that. I wasn't nearly as nervous this time around. My aunt came to be with me again, which was super nice of her to stay all day. They took me to pre-op at about 8, then got me ready and brought me to the OR. I made sure I didn't have to pee this time, and I told them I'd rather wake up freezing cold than hot like last time. That's the last I remember.

When I came too, my throat was SO SORE. It was sore after the first surgery too, but this time was excruciating. It was from the tube they put down my nose. I was starting to feel panicky, because I could feel mucous in my throat and I was worried that I was going to choke. Keep in mine my jaws were wired shut, so if I had to vomit or something, there was no place for it to go. Once I calmed down enough, they took me back to my room.

My second surgery had ended up taking them almost 3 hours! Once they got in there, they realized they wanted to replace the metal plate in my chin with a smaller one to bring my teeth closer together. So they had to cut open that incision again (along the lip/gum line inside my mouth). Then they did all the other stuff they planned on doing. However, when they were done, it looked much better than before. I wasn't nearly as swollen this time, and my teeth looked more aligned. They also told me that I could go home the next day... yay!

The doctors came into my room early again to check me out, said everything looked good and I could leave an a few hours. I spent the morning (actually, I couldn't sleep during the night, so I got up at 2 AM) dry washing my hair, sponge-bathing, etc. Cleaning up a little. Trying to wean off the medications a little, which was hard... the Dilaudid in my IV was WONDERFUL, but obviously I couldn't take that forever.

When I was discharged, I was so happy to be going home, but nervous as well. I knew the pain was going to be bad, trying to eat a balanced liquid diet is practically an oxymoron. My parents and family and friends are SO AMAZING. My mom went and bought a bunch of the stuff I would need at home--mouthwash that is made for this, Boost (protein shake stuff), juices, new pajamas, straws and cups, etc. All the little things you don't really think of until you need them.

Jerry had the house pretty clean when I got home. He'd been keeping up with it. He actually stayed at the hospital with me about 99% of the time--even spent a few nights there with me--but when he went home, he really took his role as spouse seriously :)

As soon as I walked in the door, my cats were all over me. They've never been like this before. I can tell they really missed me, and it seems almost like cants have a sixth sense. They really won't leave me alone now :) I love my kitties!

Anyway, I really wasn't feeling up to writing all this yesterday. I was in a lot of pain, and it's hard to get used to controlling your own pain when you've had the hospital do it for a week. I am constantly worried about overdosing myself or mixing the wrong drugs or something like that. And not to mention how ITCHY I am!

Eli came home yesterday with my sister-they flew home, and it was Eli's first "real" flight. I was so happy to see him! I didn't think I'd get so emotional, but I actually cried when I hugged him. When Noah got home from school, I got emotional all over again. Jerry and I had a parent-teacher conference scheduled for yesterday with Noah's teacher. She said he's probably the best-behaved kid she's ever had in class. He got all A's and one A-... what a great first report card!

Renee brought over some more goodies for me yesterday--fruit and vegetable juices (very healthy ones, which I need), some tea, a nice card, some hemp protein, etc. My parents, my sister, my kids, my younger brother Nathan, and Jerry all sat around at my house chatting for a little while, which was nice. It's a shame that it has to take a broken jaw like this to get everyone together. My older brother is coming in today, and I'm excited to see him too. My wine club meeting is tonight, and I'm actually thinking of going, lol. I obviously can't have any wine, due to pain meds and all, but I might just go see my girl friends.

I'll try and put together a rough time-line of these pictures. Yes, I look worse than I ever have in my life! But you can see my injuries :)

This was before any surgery--in the ER. It was actually much worse than it looks in the pictures...

It's hard to tell here, but you can see how misaligned my lower jaw is by looking at my teeth. The hole you see on my chin came from a bone fragment that punctured through my chin.

Noah came to visit before my surgery.

All of my meals were the same: hot tea, broth, apple juice, and jello (couldn't eat it, too solid) and popsicle (again, too solid to eat)

Post-Op photo #1... See how SWOLLEN?

Later that night...

Morning after first surgery. Swelling went down a lot.

After the second surgery... This was my lowest-point since the accident. I was in SO MUCH PAIN and MISERY here.

Healing... this was on Thursday morning (discharge day)

Getting ready to leave...


Phoebe stalking me... she NEVER sleeps with me. Ever. But she did all night last night.

Last night, I took off the bandage from my chin injuries... here is a peak at those.

My chin looks so crooked. I will never take "But you have such a pretty face!" comments for granted again. I'd love to have my pretty face back!

EDIT: To answer the question about what caused me to pass out, the tests haven't showed anything yet. The ONLY clue is that my blood pressure is pretty low to begin with, and when I stand up, it drops a little. The hospital staff said that could have caused it. All of my other tests on my heart, brain, and arteries came back normal. I'm going to have to get a tilt test done once my jaw heals. I was convinced it was because of the ice cream I had eaten, lol--but the docs said not likely :) Either way, I learned my lesson about eating too much ice cream!
Share This Post With Others
Member Comments About This Blog Post
    emoticon Wow! Bless your heart!
    16 days ago
    terrible just terrible.. glad you are fine now and life is good for you now
    2196 days ago
    This actually made me really grateful that nothing like that has ever happened to me. And you are BRAVE for getting your picture taking and knowing what you looked liked. I would have freaked out once I found out that my entire jaw and chin were broken so severely. Did you fall on a table or something?? I can see now that you're doing better, but I wanted to let you know that this has changed my perspective on being told I have a pretty face. Thank you, and good luck and God bless!!
    2249 days ago
    Thank you for your story and inspiration!!!
    2362 days ago
    This is an amazing story! You are one brave woman! I am so glad you have such a supportive family. You seem like such a sweetheart and you deserve it. I know this happened a while ago, but I just started reading your blog and had to comment on this post. You are a true inspiration to me...I watch your video post about your journey at least once a day to inspire me.
    2377 days ago
  • ROBIN518
    omg, scarey story, glad it all worked out, my goodness.
    2378 days ago
    That is an incredible story. It might sound strange, but I am glad that nothing even worse ended up happening. It is great that you had such tremendous support as well.
    2414 days ago
    I too am from MI. What part are you from? From the sounds of it were you at DMC? Worked there for three months on a contract.....sounds like it was there. Really does sound like your blood pressure if everything was negative. I was going to suggest protien shakes for your wound healing. Also to make your diet more balance try fruit smoothies. That will give you your calcium and fruits. Good luck to you.
    2441 days ago
    my goodness! you a whopper of a boo boo! did good girl friend! Congratulations on the weight loss! emoticon
    2441 days ago
    Oh my goodness! Those pictures and the description of the break made me cry. You poor girl! However, you are very blessed to have such a loving and close group of family and friends.

    When I was first diagnosed with Myasthenia Gravis and spent 2 months in the hospital, totally paralyzed, I knew that it was the love of my family and friends that got me through it. My sister and two best friends (a married couple) came every day, and my boyfriend was there every possible moment; even spending the night on an uncomfortable chair in the room with me. It's times like that that let you know you're loved. :)

    By the way . . . opiates will cause you to itch. Whatever they were giving you for pain, probably morphine, was an opiate. And, the symptoms you were describing in another blog about oxycodone was definitely withdraw. I am very proud of you for not taking it any longer. It's not easy to go through the withdraw of an opiate. I know this from personal experience.
    2444 days ago
    Wow! you went through so much. I can only imagine how brave your boy was when you passed out. Glad you are on the mend!!
    2451 days ago
    You are one amazing women. That is so inspiring your weight loss and managing your surgeries.
    With prayers and best wishes. emoticon
    2451 days ago
    Yikes! I had jaw surgery too (except it was for dental reasons and because I had TMJ, not because I broke it). It sucks tho! Never had so much pain in my life! You'll get through it though. I felt like it would last forever but now I look exactly the same as I did before the surgery (except that I was 14 and now I'm 20 haha). You are strong and you'll get through this just fine!
    2473 days ago
    Your story is very similar to mine. But when I passed out (I was running to the bathroom to get sick from drinking alcohol for the first time in 3 years because of dieting.) I fell and slammed face first into the door of the bathroom causing me to explode the C4-6 discs in my neck. I awoke paralyzed from the neck down. I spent a month in the hospital relearning to walk and use my hands and fingers again. It was a humbling experience. And yes, I lot that last 10-15 lbs I had been working on forever! The only difference was, once I got home, I started eating, and eating, and eating again. I put on almost all of the 150 lbs I had lost and kept off for 5 years. NOW I'm back to trying to lose 100 in a year. Thanks for the inspiration!
    2478 days ago
    Thank you for sharing your story.
    I just can not even begin to think what you when threw.
    You are one amazing person.

    2479 days ago
    Oh my goodness i'm so sorry that happened to you. emoticon
    2480 days ago
    How scary it must have been to feel this all. I am glad you can look back at it.
    2480 days ago
    I'm thinking you did get up way too quick (you felt like vomiting after all and rushed up and away). Oops, I guess we're not all super heroes after all :)

    I am convinced you fell and hit your jaw on the tub. I did that once when I had a grand mal seizure and totally flattened my nose. The doctor said I was very lucky I did not break any facial bones.

    You look great! You have taken 20 years off your face and have definitely given yourself another 20 years pain and disease free and probably a longer life!

    Hmm, I wonder if jaw wiring is less expensive than gastric bypass surgery. emoticon
    2482 days ago
  • LWHITE15
    My goodness me, you really are a brave woman! It's both frightening and thought-provoking how a split-second happening can have such far-reaching effects.

    Your weight-loss video was inspiring, but your recovery from the accident speaks volumes about your determination and inner strength.

    Hope you feel on top of the world again soon! And you look fantastic and so happy with life!

    Cape Town, RSA
    2482 days ago
    orthostatic hypotension! Stand up, woozy. My grandma and I both have that problem. Be careful! What an inspiring story!
    2482 days ago
    2483 days ago
    I have had to have my jaw broken and split. My surgery took 8 hours. 4 platee (two top, 2 bottom). My brother kept saying I looked like a kid from the far side cartoons and made me laugh shich split my stitches. My mine was on purpose, not by accident, and I was preped for a year mentally. I can't imagine what that would be like. Speedy recovery to you and keep up the good work.
    2484 days ago
    Get well soon! I keep a calendar notebook that I write my meds and time for meds in daily, and that keeps me from getting the times mixed up. You have done wonderfully with your weight loss. Persevere! This is just a hiccup on your road to fitness. Heck, it was a pothole, but your attitude is great!
    God bless you as you heal.
    emoticon emoticon emoticon emoticon emoticon
    2484 days ago
  • TINA5318
    That is an amazing story of strength. Thank you for sharing! HUGS!!
    2484 days ago
    Oh my goodness honey! Sending prayers and healing vibes your way. I will never look at ice cream the same way again!! hugs. Tricia emoticon
    2484 days ago
    Wow! You poor girl, what an experience for you. I hope by now you are feeling better. You have such a positve outlook, and love reading your blogs. Hugs to you.
    2484 days ago
    Absolutely amazing...when I was 16 yrs old I had been kicked in the jaw by the rear hoofs of a horse. I flew back and hit my head on some bricks but honestly I went through nothing compare to your story here. I will say that I understand what you mean about not having a pretty face...that was the first thing that came out of my mouth when I looked in the mirror, after the accident, MY FACE!!! I went to Kaiser to have the work done on my jaw. It was basically kicked to the side of my face and they had to pull and maneuver it to align my teeth and jaw. Needless to say that they didn't align it correctly and it has been something that I have had to deal with all my life. I did have my mouth wired shut for 2 1/2 months.

    Well enough about my story. I believe you are an amazing person that has achieved some amazing goals. You have definitely inspired this 46 yr.young lady!
    God bless you and your beautiful family!
    2484 days ago
  • DEBORAH2230
    Oh wow! I hope everything is much better and re-aligned! What a horrific event in your life! I nearly passed out once when I was driving in my car and I looked over my shoulder. It turned out that I have Thorasic Outlet Syndrome which is strangely diagnosed as turning your head with your arm extended and taking a breath. This action actually cuts off the carotid artery along the neck, thus making you pass out.
    2484 days ago
    Glad to see that you are much better. What a ordeal. God was with you that night. You could have had a head injury.

    Take care!!

    2484 days ago
    wow, what an ordeal! I hope it doesn't happen to you ever again. you are so strong. and, what a sweet wonderful family you have. You are still beautiful, don't doubt that! emoticon
    2484 days ago
    Oh no! I always love to read your Blogs, it's like I know you so this story just tears me apart.

    You poor sweet thing! You are beautiful and once this stupid jaw thing is behind you, I'm sure you will be as beautiful as before. Especially, since the beauty I know of you, is certainly from the inside, you lovely, beautiful soul, you. emoticon
    2484 days ago
    I too have passed out because of low BP. I fell on (as far as we can tell) my shoulder. It wrecked my shoulder for a good long time, but trained me quickly that if I feel like passing out I need to get on the floor NOW.

    I am so sorry for this accident, but the Lord works all things for good, even this.

    Maybe you shouldn't eat any more peanut butter ice cream for a while either emoticon
    2484 days ago
    WOW...what an amazingly strong person you are! I too watched your 125 pound weight loss video and then went back to see why you were in the hospital looking so swollen, then found this blog! You are a very beautiful young girl with remarkable supportive family and friends, God has blessed you. I am so glad to know that you made it through all of this!

    {{Hugs}} ~ Janel :)
    2484 days ago
  • BAMALADY2011
    Wow you have amazing friends and family. I hope your 100% very soon.
    2484 days ago
    After seeing your video blog today, I came to your other blogs to learn a bit more about you. Wow! You share very personal parts of your life and I know that is a gift that you give others to help in their journey to health. I have certainly found inspiration and hope just seeing your video and reading this blog.

    Blessings to you and your family! Thank you for sharing your journey with us!
    2484 days ago
    God Bless you Brave one! You are an inspiration. I am so sorry for all the pain and suffering and I thank you for your video. I will work to keep your courage and willingness to be vulnerable on Sparkpeople in my heart. Blessings, Robbie
    2484 days ago
  • OXFORD2011
    Wow! What an ordeal you went through. You are so blessed to have your loved ones. Peace and blessings
    2484 days ago
    I have been reading some of your blogs...and loved your video but, this one made me cry and made my stomach turn to know that you went thru so much pain. I agree with everyone you will still be beautiful after it all heals. I was so pleased to hear that your family was there for you. It is a rare thing now days I noticed. I truly enjoyed reading your paster and his wife both visited you. I am not a true church go'er but it is a lost trait I think now days for the paster to travel to visit a member.
    Thank you for the visual part of your weight loss goal.

    2484 days ago
    Life can sure change on a dime. Sounds like you are surrounded by lots of people who love you. What a blessing! Last year I broke my thumb while on a training bike ride. Surgery, out of work six weeks. Count your blessings....this too shall pass...hugs.

    2484 days ago
    You will still have a gorgeous face. I am so sorry this all happened to you. Im so sorry I didnt see this sooner! I had my first broken bone back in 08 and it was horrible. Unfortunately I went to Botsford in FH/Livonia and uggg they do horrible there and I ended up switching doctors later as I was unhappy.

    Anyways, when the medical bills start rolling in I wanted to tell you they are negotiable! I negotiated a lot of mine down.

    2484 days ago
    Hi I just read your story, and I am truly amazed! I am at a loss for words. First I read about your weight loss journey and it made me feel so happy for you! I have a niece I wish would challenge herself as you did. Then I saw you had the accident. Putting you story up here to share is truly the ablility of a very confident and strong woman. I am impressed by your strength. May God Bless your recovery and your family. Julie
    2485 days ago
  • RUNANDRUN looked like you really needed a hug! Hope it is all healed and you're back to normal.
    2485 days ago
    My thoughts & prayers are with you and your family. What an ordeal you faced....& how ironic when you were down to your last few pounds :) And your husband~how wonderful he must be to be there with you AND to keep up with house for you AND for the simple thought of defending your dignity with the "hallway punks" :) Good man you have!
    I just viewed your weight loss blog video and am amazed,encouraged,enlightened by your story & your success and then to read this.....You truly are a fighter.
    Take care of YOU right now; this is YOUR time.
    2485 days ago
    Wow. I'm so sorry for the pain you have endured, but what an amazing spirit. Truly inspirational. I'm sure you had some really low points, but your courage and determination and the awesome support group you have has all worked to the GOOD!

    Wishing you continued success and healing!
    2485 days ago
    So sorry you had to go through all of that! Your hubby seems like a keeper. Best wishes!
    2485 days ago
    I am cringing in pain just looking at your pictures! Wow, who would think fainting could lead to all of this! I am sorry it happened to you, but am glad you have recovered!
    2485 days ago
    Sorry to hear about your accident. Good luck with the healing! At least you got in a good last "dinner" before your liquid diet. ;)
    2486 days ago
    I have had something happen very simialr with out all of the injurys. How bad are your period cramps, that is what caused me to pass out. I just make sure I take motrin b4 bed when I am cramping.
    2486 days ago
    Oh honey, that's horrifying. You're such a strong darling. I can't believe you maintained such a positive attitude through the whole thing. What a nightmare for you. I'm SO glad you made it out ok. I'm a nurse and I know how painful and terrifying all of that can be. Such a super star you are!
    2491 days ago
    Oh my so sorry that looks painful, poor girl!Feel better soon and wow that hurts me just looking at your chin..
    2497 days ago
  • Add Your Comment to the Blog Post

    Log in to post a comment
    Member Comments Page (288 total):  1 2 3 Next > Last >>

    Disclaimer: Weight loss results will vary from person to person. No individual result should be seen as a typical result of following the SparkPeople program.

More Blogs by SLIMKATIE