Wow! I can't believe my eyes... I stepped on the scale this morning and I'm actually UNDER my goal weight! I can't tell you what a great mood I've been in all day. Not that I let my weight control my mood, but it definitely puts me in a great mood to know that I've accomplished so much the last 4 1/2 weeks! AND I can't wait for breakfast tomorrow morning... breakfast is always and has always been my favorite meal of the day, so I've got like 10 different breakfasts that I'm trying to decide between! Of course, I'm sure you will read about which one I picked after tomorrow morning. In fact, I'll probably be blogging while I'm munching! Hahaha.
So, general thoughts about my second round of P2? It went by extremely fast. MUCH faster than my last round! Though I was still stressed often from work and school this round, I managed to maintain a chipper attitude and not get discouraged like my last round. I think it helped that I knew what to expect and what to do, so I wasn't panicked about everything this time. I knew that even if my weight was stalled for a few days, if I stayed steady on the diet eventually it would drop - the diet doesn't "stop working" as long as I'm following the right rules for it!
Things I did different this time?
1. I didn't use a digital scale until about a week before I reached my goal. Helped me not to obsess about little spikes and 1-2 day stalls!
2. I tried an Apple Day this time when I got stuck. Although I didn't see a drop the next day, I think it did help me lose actual fat because I saw a huge drop the next time I saw one (2 days later).
3. I ate strawberries! Last round I was too scared that I would be hungry or something, so I only ate apples and occasionally I ate an orange or blended it into an orange julius (vanilla creme stevia is da bomb!). I think the strawberries must be a lot lower in calories because the days that I've eaten them I've noticed a better loss the next day (psssst... try them with some chocolate stevia drizzled on top. SINFUL!)
4. I only exercised during the first 2 weeks and then stopped all workouts. Last time I kept working out and every time I did I saw either a gain or no loss the next morning. I'm going to avoid exercising during P3 this round, too, since every time I did last round I ended up doing a steak day.
5. I loaded properly! Last round I was too afraid of gaining to load properly and it caused me to be VERY hungry the first week. This time, I ate all healthy foods to load - mostly nuts. Ended up gaining 3 lbs the first day and nothing the next day, but still it was better than the nothing I gained last time. Note to self: walnuts, pecans, carob almonds, and PB/honey sandwiches for load day! ;-)
Things I learned this round?
1. I learned that last round, I was NOT mentally healthy with my food! I obsessed over it, I was afraid of it, and I wanted it. I felt MENTALLY hungry almost the entire time through P2 last time, and only within the 3 months on P4 did I overcome that. This round I barely thought about food!
2. I learned how to load! I already said that though.
3. I learned how my body reacts to eating the same foods for lunch/dinner every day. It doesn't like it!
4. I learned that this was MUCH easier to do than I thought before, and I thought it was easy enough to do it again already!
Good luck and stay strong to all of you still on P2, and here's to breakfast tomorrow!
I'm sure you'll read about my journey through P3 (especially with Thanksgiving coming up!) as I go!