Log cabin Bible cover: photos Saturday project
Sunday, November 07, 2010
so you can see what I did Saturday.
I went up in my studio and ransacked my cupboards looking through fabric for Christmas gifts.
This is the bible cover I started making a few weeks ago. I figured before I could start a new project, I needed to complete this one. (1 p.m. or so)
Just about done!
Checking to make sure it will fit around before the finishing edges and sleeve.
Finished product! (9:30 tonight) (I took a break every half hour or so)
Inside cover sleeve. The back of the log cabin was made of my son's discarded jeans. The jeans scraps from when I made the guitar case for him. There is no batting used for this project.
The outside opened up to see the whole back.
This is about the 3rd Bible cover I have made using log cabin technique. I like that I can make it to fit the size of the bible. I chose fabric from various times - from a friend in Africa, from clothes I made when I was pregnant and my boys were young, and fabric I just liked.
I made a loop that fastens from the back to the front on the side as a button loop to keep the Bible closed for transport. I was going to put loops in to hold pens, but it was not good for the book. I will just carry my pens in my purse.
In the midst of all that, my son nearly finished cleaning his room, then went to a sweet 16 party for a young lady we know, and my son actually put on a dress shirt and a tie!