I posted this today on the Beck team message board for the Nov-Dec challenge, and I also wanted to post it here on my blog. Here is my goals for the Nov-Dec holiday season challenge. I didn't have time to post yesterday, but I started yesterday in spirit. My overall goal is to enjoy the holiday season and our special family traditions as much as possible, while maintaining my forward progress. I want to enjoy special pre-planned indulgences but keep proper portion sizes and maximize my exercise. No excuse not to keep up the exercise during the holidays!
1. Stay within calorie range on a daily basis, except for: Thanksgiving dinner, my birthday dinner (Nov 10), Christmas dinner party Dec 12, Hauer's party, Christmas eve dinner, christmas morning breakfast, Christmas day dinner, new years day dinner. But, these special meals must be portion controlled. All other food must be logged.
2. Any special treats eaten at any other time must be logged (I.e. Cookies, starbucks, wine, etc) and must fit in daily calorie range.
3. Continue to meet current exercise goals (aerobic or yoga 30+ min daily, weights 2-3 times per week)
4. Add extra 15-30 min of exercise at least 2-3 times per week
5. Continue to read ARC and other cards daily
6. Revisit any Beck principles as needed during this time
7. Continue to report to coach regularly, and prior to above mentioned special occasions for support with game plan
8. Report on this message board both missed goals, AND credit for successes, at least weekly (daily if possible)
9. No weight gain on Thanksgiving week
10. No more than 1 pound weight gain Christmas week
Good luck, everybody! Have a wonderful holiday season!