I am trying to get back.
Well here I am again. I never should have left, but I did. I did not do so because I reached my goal. I was close, just not there - .5 pound. I did not do so because I felt that I was ready to go at it alone. Obviously the scale and my clothes tell me that I was not in that place yet – and I knew it.
What I did
• I was laid off in December, but I did not let that get me down then. I set up the my schedule to search and stay on track with the Job hunt.
• I did not let myself get down as I had some interviews, but no jobs.
• I took advantage of having more time with my 2 boys.
• I started the process to get my CPA license. Take advantage of time to study, and improve odds of getting another accounting job.
• I hit a plateau on both the scale and tape measure.
• I was reaching end of unemployment and savings – making me nervous for how my family and I were going to make it.
• I stopped going to the gym.
• I stopped logging my food and visiting Sparkpeople.
• I got a job!!!
What I did not do:
• I did not get depressed with the lay off.
• I did not curl up and give up on the job search.
• I did get frustrated with my lack of progress.
• I did forget that I had done a good job and had made a big accomplishment.
• I did not take care of myself physically. (lack of gym and lack of sleep).
Changes I am making:
• I am starting to log my food again this week.
• I am wearing my GoWearFit (body bugg – type) Band again.
• I am trying to get more sleep – still not accomplishing that, but it is a goal.
• I am trying to get more exercise. Started with early morning cardio, but may have to move to evening. Studying is really stressing me out.
• I will start trying to eat, at least a small, something for breakfast before I leave the house. I have oatmeal at work, but that is usually 3 hours after I get up. I know that we need to fuel our bodies regularly.
• I am going to try and Blog more. Never have been a writer, but it will help me if I at least but things down to see them for myself.
Here is to getting back into a healthy lifestyle. And getting back to (and hopefully below) my goal weight. I may not be happy with where I am now which is about exactly where I was last year during my journey, but I am still over 35 lbs down from my high and that is over half way between my highest and my goal.
Thank you Sparkpeople
I know that you did not leave me, I left you, but I am back.