Two Challenges Starting Today
Sunday, October 03, 2010
I have two new challenges starting today - Sparktoberfest is part of the Rootin For Ruby Team, and Twelve Weeks to Christmas Challenge.
Last year I gained around 7 pounds over the holidays. I completely lost site of my goals and went off track from everything I worked so hard for. It took several months for me get back to where I was last year before the holidays. I realize now that it totally wasn't worth it to splurge on so many goodies. I'm hoping that by joining these challenges and being accountable this year's holiday season will be enjoyable for other reasons - that I made the choice to love myself more than the foods I might be craving at the moment.
These are my goals starting today:
My goals are:
1. Lose 5 pounds to reach goal and then maintain through the holidays.
2. Do cardio exercise 30+ minutes/5+ days a week.
3. Do strength training 2 days/week. Really need help with this one!!! I want to start toning up and really be able to see the difference. Any suggestions... please let me know!!
4. Track food daily and stay within calorie range most days.
5. Eat 3+ servings of fruits/veggies daily.
6. Continue decluttering projects at home.
7. Keep in touch with my buddy on the Christmas challenge.