CHICKEN CACCIATORE WITH WHOLE WHEAT PENNE
Monday, August 30, 2010
Chicken Cacciatore With Whole Wheat Penne
Good for Leftovers
Nutritional Info (Per serving):
Calories: 501, Saturated Fat: 5g, Sodium: 207mg, Dietary Fiber: 8g, Total Fat: 19g, Carbs: 53g, Cholesterol: 72mg, Protein: 30g
Carb Choices: 3
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 45 mins
Total Time: 50 mins
8 ounce(s) pasta, penne, whole-wheat 1 pounds chicken breast halves 1/2 teaspoon pepper, black ground 1 medium onion(s) 1 medium pepper(s), green, bell 8 ounce(s) mushrooms, fresh, pre-sliced 1 tablespoon oil, olive 1 teaspoon garlic, minced 1/2 cup(s) water 14 1/2 ounce(s) tomato(es), Italian-style 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, dried Preparation
1. Cook penne pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Keep warm.
2. Season chicken with black pepper.
3. Wash onion, green pepper, and mushrooms under running water. Peel onion. Cut onion and green pepper into thin slices.
4. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown chicken on both sides, about 4 minutes per side.
5. Reduce heat to medium. Add onions and green pepper, and saute about 5 minutes, to soften. Add mushrooms to saute pan, and cook, uncovered, until mushrooms begin to brown. Add garlic, stir for 30 seconds. Add water, tomatoes, and Italian seasoning. Simmer, uncovered for about 10 minutes.
6. Return chicken breasts to saute pan and cook 20 minutes longer, until juices from chicken run clear.
I SAW THIS RECIPE SOUND SO YUMMY AND EASY THOUGHT I WOULD SHARE
HAVE A GREAT WEEK!