Monday, August 09, 2010
Ok, this BPM thing is doing my head in...a little help please! At the least some advice would be really well recieved right around now. Here's the story:
* My blood pressure and resting BPM has always been low - resting heart rate at the start of my journey was 52. Apparently that's healthy
* Getting my BPM up to 150 has actually been really hard up to now - it took the kind of grunting, swearing, sweating workout that made me want to puke. And then I'd usually only just get over 140. I have no idea why this is, it just is.
* Resting BPM is now around 47/48...apparently this is too low. Not sure how to fix that!
* Workout BPM has sky rocketed and this is the part I need help with - my BPM shoots up to around 165 in less than 10 minutes. When I slow down to drink water and catch my breath, it drops as much as 20 BPM in SECONDS! Surely that's not normal? I increase intensity to force me to slow down but that doesn't help at all...and my heart feels like its about to break free from my chest.
* I have a nagging head cold but I haven't been stupid about working out when ill - I have no fever, headache, swollen glands....I just have a bunged up feeling in my sinuses, which is really not unusual for this time of the year.
So, have I missed something here? Why would my BPM be all over the place with less work effort...I'm worried that I may actually be fighting infection and don't know it yet, or I need to change something on my routine. Comments would be greatly appreciated!