Thursday, August 05, 2010
So these past three weeks I have bounced around the same half a kilogram, despite exercising more and not going to extremes on eating. I read the SP articles on Plateau-Busting, and with them in mind I changed up my fitness plan, eating plan, and habits with a new set of goals to help me get over the hump.
- going to bed earlier,
- eating more frequently throughout the day,
- alternating higher-intensity and lower-intensity exercise days to mix things up,
- completely revamping my strength training regimen from balanced workouts to arm day/core day/leg day, repeat, to allow my body to rest and repair the muscle groups more,
- refueling after exercise,
- doing proper cool-downs after exercise, and
- rehydrating better, especially since it's been really humid and hot this summer.
I also am finding ways to shake up my cardio, since I finally unpacked the rest of my fitness DVDs (I had only found a couple up to now) and that should give me some different activities to do. It's great to have articles like the Plateau-Busting ones here on SP - otherwise I wouldn't have a clue what to change or what I could be doing better. It's counter-intuitive to think that more rest and more frequent eating could actually make the weight start coming off again; in the past, my first instinct would have been to double my workouts and stress about my food intake. Now I know that won't help and I won't waste time on it.
I'm hoping to see weight loss again in the next two weeks. Here's hoping my efforts pay off!